This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TerraFirma View Post
    UK's Daily Mail webpage www.dailymail.co.uk and a few other sites reporting that a Mrs Dalelah reported to police on 8 March 2014 having seen empannage and wing of aircraft on surface of water near Andaman Islands.

Flight crew dismissed woman's claim on ground of extreme height above sea level.

No that's not true.
    At 32-34k heights, on a clear and nice day, with no clouds, I have seen tiny steamers
    floating downstair, so clearely and razor sharp, with just bare eyes.

The dumb part here is, why she did not call the air-hostess immediately of the scenerio,... so at atleast there are 1-2 witnesses and besides that,
    AH can talk to the Pilot about it, and it can be conversed with the control tower, with proper longitude and latitudes locality, for letting it know or for any further inquiry !!
    Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-21, 17:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerraFirma View Post
      UK's Daily Mail webpage www.dailymail.co.uk and a few other sites reporting that a Mrs Dalelah reported to police on 8 March 2014 having seen empannage and wing of aircraft on surface of water near Andaman Islands.

Flight crew dismissed woman's claim on ground of extreme height above sea level.
      Wouldn't the supposedly sophisticated Indian radar system have caught it if this was true?

Comment

• Why does everyone keep on about mobile phones. The flight was at night so many passengers would be asleep. I know that at night many passengers would be unaware of which direction it was heading.

If it were hijacked, would you leave people with their phones? Of course not.

Maybe it went elsewhere and was refuelled and off loaded critical cargo or passengers before being set on course for the current search area to dispose of the evidence?

It is still only supposition that it is there or even that it crashed.

It seems to have been identified as heading to all points of the compass in the last few days and nothing is conclusive.

I am beginning to doubt whether we will ever know and there may be good reasons why Governments are keeping tight lipped.

Comment

• Out of curiosity ( I seem to have so many questions.... at least I didn't try to make up uneducated answers / hypotheses)... if it was true that the plane flew till it was dry and then plunged into the water, would there still be fuel traces (assuming it did break apart)? Or would there be fuel reserves which would not be used by the engines unless some pumps/values were specifically manually activated (i.e. not automatically released by the FMS - or whatever controlling system)?
          Last edited by Mac Attack; 2014-03-21, 18:03.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
            Wouldn't the supposedly sophisticated Indian radar system have caught it if this was true?
            Radar goes upto only 270km or so,..
            Plus, if it's no War time, and especially on a tourist area, the staff may not be that alert.
            Moreover, I read somewhere that, Indians keep their radars shut down, to save money on those expensive systems sometimes,... etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by voyager10 View Post
              Radar goes upto only 270km or so,..
              Plus, if it's no War time, and especially on a tourist area, the staff may not be that alert.
              Moreover, I read somewhere that, Indians keep their radars shut down, to save money on those expensive systems sometimes,... etc.
              Just like the rumour that MAS was skimping on aircraft maintenance due to their financial difficulties?!?!

Comment

Out of curiosity ( I seem to have so many questions.... at least I didn't try to make up uneducated answers / hypotheses)... if it was true that the plane flew till it was dry and then plunged into the water, would there still be fuel traces (assuming it did break apart)? Or would there be fuel reserves which would not be used by the engines unless some pumps/values were specifically manually activated (i.e. not automatically released by the FMS - or whatever controlling system)?

Just to declare: I am NOT a reporter.... I am merely a Joe Blow trying to increase my knowledge of why things are....

Comment

Just like the rumour that MAS was skimping on aircraft maintenance due to their financial difficulties?!?!

Andamaan Nikobaar is kinda tourist area, smwhat like Hawaaii of India,...

Malaysian plane saga highlights air defense gaps | Reuters

- idUSBREA2E0JT20140315‎Cached
                  6 days ago ... It appears to have first flown back across the South China Sea - an area ... on
                  India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an archipelago which its ... "It's possible
                  that the military radars were switched off as we operate on an 'as required' basis.
                  ... not keep its radar facilities operational at all times because of cost.

Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-21, 18:35.

Comment

• This is an informative article http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-missing-plane
                    The questions are asked of a Pilot and experienced flight crew. The Pilot was anonymous.

Key Points I got from this...

- This Pilot says the Transponder and the ACARS can be turned off inside the cockpit.
                    - Flight crew can override the keypad on the cockpit door.. However once inside the cockpit you can lockout and override the system so that no one can get in.
                    - The aircraft would maintain air pressure even at 45,000 feet.
                    - It only takes 2-3 seconds to send out a May Day

I have read that flight crew outside the cockpit can send out a May Day but I do not know how. I have a hunch that an experienced pilot would also know how to turn that system off. All you would need is one member of the flight crew to leave the cockpit and the other one can lock everyone out. They can take control of the plane and no one on the plane can do anything about it. At 40 minutes you can see how one of the pilots would likely stretch their legs and take a bathroom break.

Comment

Out of curiosity ( I seem to have so many questions.... at least I didn't try to make up uneducated answers / hypotheses)... if it was true that the plane flew till it was dry and then plunged into the water, would there still be fuel traces (assuming it did break apart)? Or would there be fuel reserves which would not be used by the engines unless some pumps/values were specifically manually activated (i.e. not automatically released by the FMS - or whatever controlling system)?
                      Originally posted by Mac Attack View Post
                      I don't want to speculate either but if there was no foul play and only equipment failure the plane would have either crashed at the point transponder contact was lost (assuming equipment failure occurred there) or if the crew was incapacitated it would have continued under FMS control to Beijing/Peking and crashed over there when it ran out of fuel.

Transponder contact was lost (in no-man's land) where the least amount of suspicion was likely to be raised. Coincidence? Who other than either the pilot or co-pilot would know when that precise moment occurred?

Also consider the two Iranians. There is a MH direct flight from KUL to FRA. Not that expensive ($500 or so). Yet the routing he chose KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA. If you are travelling on a fake passport wouldn't you prefer to just run the gamut in KUL and get on a direct flight to FRA rather than try to get caught travelling on fake documents by going thru PEK & AMS? His friend also seemed to be keen to get to Copenhagen not directly but via PEK. Odd?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Petal View Post
                        This is an informative article http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-missing-plane
                        The questions are asked of a Pilot and experienced flight crew. The Pilot was anonymous.

- This Pilot says the Transponder and the ACARS can be turned off inside the cockpit.
                        - Flight crew can override the keypad on the cockpit door.. However once inside the cockpit you can lockout and override the system so that no one can get in.

I have read that flight crew outside the cockpit can send out a May Day but I do not know how. I have a hunch that an experienced pilot would also know how to turn that system off. All you would need is one member of the flight crew to leave the cockpit and the other one can lock everyone out. They can take control of the plane and no one on the plane can do anything about it. At 40 minutes you can see how one of the pilots would likely stretch their legs and take a bathroom break.
                        Nice link. Great article. All should read!

Comment

• Originally posted by voyager10 View Post

Malaysian plane saga highlights air defense gaps | Reuters

-
                          6 days ago ... It appears to have first flown back across the South China Sea - an area ... on
                          India's Andaman and Nicobar Islands, an archipelago which its ... "It's possible
                          that the military radars were switched off as we operate on an 'as required' basis.
                          ... not keep its radar facilities operational at all times because of cost.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A2E0JT20140315

So the authorities should also focus on searching the "northern arc"!

Comment

• This is an informative article http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-missing-plane

^^ Well,.. whatever the fraud may have happened,.. say, by a pilot / pilots /
                            flight crew member with a malice intention of overwriting, or even by a passenger who knows a little bit about flying, locking him/her self from inside and started messing it up,.. etc.

But in any case,… the outsiders ( who left outside the cockpit, can lend anyone’s Cell and send message/text to the control tower-relatives,… that this thing has happened.
                            So and so flight attendant has locked himself in the cockpit, leaving us out and is screwing the flight.

Plane was found at a lower altitude over Malaysia and Indonesia,. etc,.. so cell should had rung. Plane had 237 passengers means, at least 150+ cells and someone could had dialed to someone.

( Unless, the foul guy/gal took the plane to 45k in a short time ( very abruptly ) and again dropping it to 23K and doing it over and over, to faint the passengers, while keeping the cockpit oxygen at very high level ! )

Last edited by voyager10; 2014-03-21, 19:12.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIT EE View Post
                              I don't want to speculate either but if there was no foul play and only equipment failure the plane would have either crashed at the point transponder contact was lost (assuming equipment failure occurred there) or if the crew was incapacitated it would have continued under FMS control to Beijing/Peking and crashed over there when it ran out of fuel.

Transponder contact was lost (in no-man's land) where the least amount of suspicion was likely to be raised. Coincidence? Who other than either the pilot or co-pilot would know when that precise moment occurred?

Also consider the two Iranians. There is a MH direct flight from KUL to FRA. Not that expensive ($500 or so). Yet the routing he chose KUL - PEK - AMS - FRA. If you are travelling on a fake passport wouldn't you prefer to just run the gamut in KUL and get on a direct flight to FRA rather than try to get caught travelling on fake documents by going thru PEK & AMS? His friend also seemed to be keen to get to Copenhagen not directly but via PEK. Odd?
                              Don't understand how your response relate to my questions.... maybe your post should be a standalone post?

Comment

Don't understand how your response relate to my questions.... maybe your post should be a standalone post?
                                I was commenting on your reference to FMS but I see your point. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X