X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by patrickvanschijndel View Post
    Number 4 and 5:
    'The Captain was quite using even flight sims on all his free days'; well that is just rumors spread by his colleagues and were meant to indicate having one of the best pilots. But even they can go rogue. It would be the first case if a pilot just hijacks his own plane to land it somewhere and sell it. At least it would have been a case of extremely good preparation. And most radar posts in West Malaysia are 'make shift' radar posts, and the operators told me 'we use it to stop smuggling from ... (Thailand is guesses, as they did not comment). The military suggests it was a little less high but not extremely low...
    I have never seen an aviation crash story play out like this. A mix between smaller countries with possibly less money for modern equipment. Then again it seems the US military jumped right in with secret technology. In this day and age to have a commercial aircraft disappear like this is astounding. It clearly has allot of experts baffled. The ACARS type system should have told them if any kind of technical malfunction occurred. These aircraft have such sophisticated systems and backup power etc.

Comment

• I think it is just bad graphics by news people that don't quite understand all the latest details.

Comment

• IMO, hijacking makes the most sense so far. This is one of the safest aircraft in the air, it is not old by any means, yet it is proven. This aircraft is also made of many composites which would float. If this was bombing or shot down there would no doubt be debris. You do not blow up 100 tons+ and have the debris vanish, seats, panels, tires, scructural panels)
        You can disconnect anything in the aircraft very easily if you have access to it, each unit that is part of the electrical/avionics system (including the fdr flight data recorder) or beacon) can easily be unscrewed and unplugged.
        No disrespect to the pilot but he could or could not be part of it

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
          Interesting, but it shows the plane turning while it is still over land, so why do we have positive tracking of it to the IGARI waypoint in the middle of the ocean ??? (Backed up by naval radar tracking).
          This does not smell right to me, but I will leave it to individuals to make up their own minds.
          Yes, well i hope we hear soon from independent investigations whether the military made a right observation and how accurate their assumptions are. Fact is that search has been done for some days now at the Strait of Malacca.

One remarkable aspect is that this supposed route (the one military claims) would bring the plane close or even over Penang (island, Malacca strait) and the captain lived in Penang and knew that air space very well. Also flying over mainland Malaysia would, if needed, give passengers a chance to use their mobile phones, if they knew the plane had turned and would like to call for help. So let these investigators check this claim. Until any wreckage is found, case is unknown. This could take a long search.

Comment

• My guess is that the military radar report will likely turn out to be another flight - I only have a private license, and don't know much about 777s, but I just can't think of any reason why it would have gone towards the Malacca Strait - even the hijacking scenarios seem improbable. I think it is more a sign that the search is poorly organized, grasping at straws, and panicking. My guess is that we'll see there was some catastrophic failure, the cockpit was confused about what was happening, and the plane pancaked and sank. It's probably roughly on course somewhere, and it will be more a case of finding it submerged.

Comment

• Not quite sure where to start as it looks like every aspect has been covered in this thread.
              My contribution is a mix of questions and observations.
              Does the military regularly monitor commercial air traffic.(via radar and listen into communications)
              Is the military aware of all commercial airline traffic routes.
              Would the Malaysian military have known the intended destination of flight MH370
              If so, would/should they have questioned as to why it was not following the normal route (Assuming it had in fact deviated from the flight plan.)
              If MH370 had deviated from the flight plan, presumably it would be flying in controlled air space without guidance from air traffic control at the risk of colliding with other air traffic.
              Did any other air traffic in the region receive any TCAS warnings (traffic collision avoidance system)
              Last edited by AIR_UK; 2014-03-11, 22:50.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIR_UK View Post
                Did any other air traffic in the region receive any TCAS warnings (traffic collision avoidance system)
                For all I know, TCAS runs off the transponder, as do the secondary radars that ATC use. If the transponder stopped emitting for whatever reason when ATC lost track of the plane, it also became invisible to other aircrafts TCAS

Comment

• Someone please confirm - did MH370 disappear at 35,000 feet or zero feet?
                  When I look at flightradar data from here http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh370#2d81a27
                  It says transponder stopped at 35,000 feet.
                  Last edited by SimonSolar2C; 2014-03-11, 22:57. Reason: typo

Comment

• I've read most of what has been written, both here and in the media, about this terrible accident. Like a lot of planespotters, I have no experience at running an airline, flying other than as a passenger or the techniques of aircrash investigation. I've probably learned just enough over the years to realize how much I don't know and for this reason I did not intend to comment on the present situation.

However, I was disgusted to see on the front page of my daily paper today a beat-up about the co-pilot on MAS370. A couple of female tourists claim that he once invited them onto the flight deck for the duration of a flight, flirted with them and smoked while flying the plane. Not withstanding regulations to the contrary, he wouldn't be either the first or last pilot to do any of these things or worse but does this incident, if true, in any way diminish his ability to fly MAS370 if in fact he was even flying it at the time of the incident? This is an outrageous slur against a man who is almost certainly dead and may well have contributed nothing towards causing the crash. Yesterday the media also carried veiled suggestions that the captain, because he had built a B777 simulator in his home, may have been practicing 9/11 type manoeuvres. Let's hope the plane is found soon to get this speculative rubbish off the front page and no longer the lead story in nearly every news bulletin.

Comment

• When you watch the video it shows the flight disappearing at 35,000ft but if you use playback on the map (2014-03-07 at 17.20 UTC) it looks like it goes to 0ft suddenly.

Comment

• Yes, It disappear at 35,000 feet on the Flightradar24 server.
                        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• Originally posted by Misty View Post
                          When you watch the video it shows the flight disappearing at 35,000ft but if you use playback on the map (2014-03-07 at 17.20 UTC) it looks like it goes to 0ft suddenly.
                          You mean the video people keep re-sharing to youtube that has A. The wrong day, B. The wrong aircraft/registration? Again. Don't believe everything you see.
                          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• also, i forgot about that cockpit fire senario, no disrespect to your post. The cockpit is equipted with smoke hood, smoke goggles, kevlar gloves etc

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonSolar2C View Post
                              Someone please confirm - did MH370 disappear at 35,000 feet or zero feet?
                              When I look at flightradar data from here http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh370#2d81a27
                              It says transponder stopped at 35,000 feet.
                              Updating my message, I see the same flight on the following day aso had a transponder drop out at this point, and reestablished transponder communication closer to land, so this the transponder stopping mid ocean is probably not the position of the disaster.

Comment

• good morning, this is my first post on this forum! i usually have not much to do with aircrafts, but this case sad as it is fascinates me.
                                I cam across an article, which really caught my eye and interest! i would be very greatful, if some veteran or aviation expert could clear that article up! because to me as an amateur it seems reasonable! but what do i know! thx a lot i advance
                                the article

Comment

Working...
                                X