Can You Beat 622 Knots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You Beat 622 Knots?

Spotted this groundspeed 30th January just off the coast of Canada eastbound:

622 Knots.PNG

638 knots at 1633 2nd February near the east coast of Canada:

638.PNG

and it must be correct as the AA95 in the same area is only doing 298 knots! 298.PNG
    Last edited by Marc C; 2014-02-02, 16:38.

Comment

That's easy. I fly a Citation X we cruise at Mach 0.90 most of the time. With a 130+ knot tailwind, 622 knots would be a slow day!

Comment

A photograph of the ground speed taken from the flight deck would be of interest to many readers!

Comment

Turkish 777 back from Nov 15th 2013 with GS of 660 knots.
          Screenshot_2013-11-15-08-09-08.jpg

Comment

With a TAS around 480 knots and a GS of 660 that makes the tailwind 180 knots. Hard to beat this GS!

Comment

I spotted this a few days ago, first saw it 689KTS, by the time I grabbed a screenshot it had changed. That's a groundspeed faster than the speed of sound at sea level !!

Beat that screen capture!

F-YBNA2

Comment

692Kts

F-YBNA2

Comment

Does this one count ?

695Kts

F-YBNA2

Comment

Maybe this bird can?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2013...-fastest-plane
                    Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
                    Last edited by Jarod; 2014-02-22, 23:44. Reason: youtube docu added

Comment

Yes, if it was still flying AND somehow it got fitted with an ADSB transponder.

We're talking civil aircraft, not normally capable of achieving mach speeds over the ground. 695Kts is pretty impressive ground speed for a 747.
                      F-YBNA2

Comment

Excuse me, captain serious.

Comment

Well Jarod, this thread wasnt a discussion about which aircraft was fastest was it ?

It was about the highest ground speed spotted on FR24. Maybe if and when they fit them to high speed military aircraft we'll see them, but I doubt fighter jets will get ADSB, I may be wrong but . . .
                          F-YBNA2

Comment

Originally posted by Lancair70 View Post
                            Well Jarod, this thread wasnt a discussion about which aircraft was fastest was it ?

It was about the highest ground speed spotted on FR24. Maybe if and when they fit them to high speed military aircraft we'll see them, but I doubt fighter jets will get ADSB, I may be wrong but . . .
                            I doubt if you'd see them, FR24 - following the wishes of the people concerned - don't publish data for military traffic (this in the FAQ somewhere).

Comment

Definitely wouldn't see them on FR24, I can understand that, but with the proliferation of easily available equipment that can see ADSB signals independent of any web service, I doubt the military would use them on fighter/frontline aircraft.
                              I certainly cant see any fighters from the FR24 box I host and I know they were within range a few days ago, conducting aerial attack practice on two high speed aircraft towing drones or acting as targets. FARM1 and FARM2, a westwind and lear were active of SE Qld and Northern NSW coasts last week. Both areas are restricted airspace areas for the military.
                              F-YBNA2

Comment

Working...
                              X