X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business jets with no registration

Hi there!

Why the FR24 are not showing the registration and the tracking for the bizjets (Gulfstreams, Citations...)? I love business aviation and I cant follow these acfts anymore.

I'm thinking on request my money back for my iOS and Android apps.

Best regards,
    Everton

Mike Talked about the reasons on these threads.

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

"We will not try to create any conflicts with the FAA or any other national aircraft authority, no matter if you think it's sensitive or not. As mentioned in other threads here on the forum, there are already discussions about encrypting the ADS-B signal, and we don't want to speed up this process because some users thinks that some aircraft movements are not sensitive."
    Have asked previous but had no response. Is anybody using the premium version of FR24 ? I believe this includes MLAT and will display military movements? Is this true and could MODS verify ?
    Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-09-15, 01:23.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
      Mike Talked about the reasons on these threads.

All about Flightradar24.com web page and Flightradar24 apps. No discussions about feeding data to Flightradar24.

"We will not try to create any conflicts with the FAA or any other national aircraft authority, no matter if you think it's sensitive or not. As mentioned in other threads here on the forum, there are already discussions about encrypting the ADS-B signal, and we don't want to speed up this process because some users thinks that some aircraft movements are not sensitive."
      http://forum.flightradar24.com/threa...litary-display
      It's easier to block all flights instead block only these sensitive flights. Okay, sad but true.

I paid for the application because I wanted to have tracking and all informations about the flights, mainly for business aviation. I paid for an app that had this option and it hasn't anymore. What can I do? I think we have to wait another good app to be devloped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Comment

OK , so I assuming that the blocked aircrafts from this list: http://www.radarspotters.eu/forum/in...ic,7609.0.html are now appearing on the FR24 map as "BLOCKED" but is no way to identify the aircrafts because there is no any informations as flight number, aircraf type, hex code..etc, only positional data. This is due to BARR list. Is that correct ?
        Last edited by mazgaj; 2013-09-16, 21:56.

Comment

More or less - But be cautious, this subject has been hit on way too many times in the past and we may find it closed if we go around full circle explaining the same things again.

I'll try to keep things simple so as to not set of the same circle of pointless-ness AGAIN..

From what I can gather there are now 2 sources of data. Standard Receivers to a common database as has always been, and now in some limited areas MLAT results produced by the FR24 receivers and some calculations.
          The latter now out of restricted BETA stage introduces another source of data type that is handled differently and is currently being massaged to get the same output results to match the standard database output. This often means the information fields are differently populated compared to a standard tracked aircraft and as you have found, can simply say a blanket 'blocked'.
          This of course doesn't mean you can't stick your head out the window if you are near by and identify it yourself.

It's interesting that the original post says he purchased on the basis of being able to see them but can't anymore. As this has only been the case during the juvenile existence of MLAT the last few weeks. Prior to this there has always been a number of aircraft types that don't show up out of their own configuration (IE not broadcasting positional information) or being part of the BARR list etc.

I don't mean this thread specifically. But to quash where this thread is being railroaded to again...

The biggest thing is time and time again overlooked by those joining the forum to speak out on what they think they are entitled to-
          We never had this kind of technology cheap enough to use at home until recently.
          What we are using the data for was never its intended purpose as sit at home enthusiasts (as much as people may like to claim that as humans we have a right to anything in the air..)
          ADSB data was not intended for the public eye in a tracking form.
          It was deisgned is for air-to-air collision avoidance and to assist ATC to process landing/takeoff faster. Not for people to snoop on the worlds richlist and celebrity movements or military and government official information that can be sensitive between hostile nations.

Sadly as you see by the various threads here and abroad that keep popping up, most people are/were unaware even of the existence of the requirements as per cease and decist requests and the 2 main lists from the agencies/authorities that need to be adhered to (unless you have your own receiver to compare to). Of course as there are cheap alternatives now the number noticing has grown. This isn't helped by people out there that think all of a sudden although we are not pilots avoiding aircraft, or in the industry the information is actually indended for that they have some sort of rights being ignored and feel the need to start threads here and on other forums to voice their thoughts as if it is some great conspiracy.

In the end, it comes down to if you want to see what we do now freely. Enjoy it and be content with what appears. If you don't want to see the data anymore....

Well - they are aleady considering encrypting the data now its being used so widely afterall.
          Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Originally posted by everton_cwb View Post
            It's easier to block all flights instead block only these sensitive flights. Okay, sad but true.

I paid for the application because I wanted to have tracking and all informations about the flights, mainly for business aviation. I paid for an app that had this option and it hasn't anymore. What can I do? I think we have to wait another good app to be devloped.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
            We have never ever promised business jets or registrations for business jets. You can clearly read in app description what you are buying and that is what you have downloaded.

Features that have made Flightradar24 the bestselling flight-tracking app around the world include:
            * Planes moving in real-time
            * Cockpit view - experience what the pilot of an aircraft sees in real-time (iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 5th gen., iPad 2 and above, requires iOS 6.0 or higher)
            * Comprehensive information for each individual plane, including route, speed, altitude and more
            * Real-time flight status information (for most planes) including scheduled time of departure, actual time of departure, scheduled time of arrival, and estimated time of arrival
            * Augmented reality view – identify the planes flying overhead by simply pointing your phone’s camera to the sky
            * Unrivaled global coverage of real-time positional data for aircraft
            * Easy to search for a specific flight
            * Filter by airline, altitude, speed and more
            * Push notification alerts
            * Flight trails and callsigns directly on map
            * See airline logos in connection with the aircraft
            * Emergency squawk notifications
            * Banner free
            For questions regarding apps, please use app-threads and do not create separate threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              98% of the aircraft we block comes from the FAA block list (BARR Program). We will not try to create any conflicts with the FAA or any other national aircraft authority, no matter if you think it's sensitive or not. As mentioned in other threads here on the forum, there are already discussions about encrypting the ADS-B signal, and we don't want to speed up this process because some users thinks that some aircraft movements are not sensitive.

You can read about the BARR Program on
              On Sept. 23, 2014, Barrington Irving kicked off his Flying Classroom endeavor at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, where NBAA took part in the inaugural event.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/...ata_mgmt/barr/

so all of the bizjets are on BARR list now ?? OK I understand that FR24 would like to cooperate with authorities to avoid speed up of possible ADS-B encryption and we should accept that and keep quiet, but hiding ALL regs of bizjets (Gulfstreams, Citations..etc) is looks to me like an over-reaction and exaggeration.
              Last edited by mazgaj; 2013-09-17, 14:10.

Comment

I can't see them encrypting all the data - the refit cost would be too great, however I could see them randomising the information that allows flight tracing (callsign, flight no, aircraft registration code) on at least some flights since that would still allow the anti-collision features to work unchanged and might only slightly inconvenience ATC since they might not know if they're looking at an A38 or B73 , etc.

Comment

Sorry, nothing personal against peterhr or anyone else, but the people deciding this does not care what you see or think. There are strong forces who want to encrypt ADS-B data and even if it will not happen 2013, 2014 or 2015, we don't want to be the accelerator behind this decision. I have stated this in several threads before and say it again: We are working with authorities and we will not commend this in public. Just as every other blocking discussion thread, this thread will now be closed.

All biz jets are not blocked, and I don't really see the problem if you see the reg N123AB or not. It does not give any extra value, but keeps many mouths shut.

Comment

Working...
                  X