No announcement yet.

MLAT is now live on Flightradar24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLAT is alive and well in Washington State, USA as well. KSEA, KPAE, KYKM, KPDX all have a significant number of MLAT returns now which is pretty darn cool!

Lots of Boeing test planes in the area (787s, P8 sub hunters, 737, 747s)

Comment

• Mike,

Can you please post a map of the "F" receivers locations here in Brazil? How many "F" receivers do you have over here?
      And one more question: Which brazilian regions do you intend to expand MLAT coverage for the next months?

There is a topic on an Facebook ADSB Group talking about these questions. Could you please clarify them for us?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Looking Forward For MLAT Coverage In The Philippines.

F-RPLL2
        Ice
        F-RPLL3

Comment

• Originally posted by AircraftSpotterPH View Post
          Looking Forward For MLAT Coverage In The Philippines.

F-RPLL2
          Yes, Malaysia (West Malaysia/Semenanjung) had MLAT trialled too... no news about it now.

FR24 has been busy adding capacity lately to meet the demand, so that no doubt has distracted them. Have to wait and see what happens in the near future.

Comment

• Thanks for fixing the MLAT receivers around EHRD and EHAM (Rotterdam and Amsterdam), seen MLAT down to 1000 feet again.
            It's taken a few weeks/months but the small aircraft and short final on EHAM aircraft are back! Cool!

Edit:

Awesome! I think "our" first mlat heli over sea in The Netherlands!

Edit2:
            http://x264.nl/dump/dal604-2014-08-31-mlat.jpg down to 1500 feet short finals in the north again.
            Good to see MLAT properly working again.

Edit3:
            http://x264.nl/dump/phfch-2014-09-01-mlat.jpg more fun at low alt.
            Last edited by Jarod; 2014-09-01, 08:42.

Comment

• Why is MLAT so special? It makes aircraft drift towards the runway!
              http://x264.nl/dump/gwi37v-2014-09-03-drifting.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarod View Post
                Why is MLAT so special? It makes aircraft drift towards the runway!
                http://x264.nl/dump/gwi37v-2014-09-03-drifting.jpg
                Because it requires Four Recievers,. to put it together,. And comes from the ModeS Transponder.
                (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                  Because it requires Four Recievers,. to put it together,. And comes from the ModeS Transponder.
                  You serious or joking back? Because my post obviously was a POSITIVE and FUNNY Post.

Anyways, new LOW record MLAT EHRD:

Bloody awesome! I am glad i kept nagging and nagging and nagging.
                  It appears all receivers have been fixed and/or reset. And sure... don't mention it or say anything at all.

Comment

• New MLAT Low Record!

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

An Air Balloon visible via MLAT, now i have seen it all!

Edit:

This is insanely awesome!
                    Last edited by Jarod; 2014-09-10, 17:43.

Comment

• Jarod

No I wasnt joking ,. The MLAT on Flightradar24, comes only from the F- Recievers.
                      And there must be four Recievers, Recieving the same ModeS signal. to be able to put
                      the image on the screen.
                      And thats how MLAT works on here.

So,. If you see an Aircraft showing MLAT,. then it is the end result of Signals from
                      four F-***** Recievers.

Which I assumed you knew the differents between ADS- B and ModeS
                      Last edited by delcomp; 2014-09-10, 17:50.

1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

• delcomp, you can read English but do not always understand it.
                        You don't have to explain FR24 + MLAT to me. I am just showing how awesome MLAT is working in The Netherlands.
                        I have a MLAT FR24 receiver myself.

Comment

• Jarod,. Well that certainly is nice a person from Holland, Telling an English man,.
                          that he dosnt understand english. And Ive only been using it all my life.

And also as you see from my Profile,. I have also a FR24 Reciever..
                          And before that,. an SBS-1er and also a SBS 3,..in fact my SBS-1er
                          is down in Gladstone ,. Austriala.

And also was simply point out,. how the system works.

Comment

• The T-xxxx feeders with Radarcape box can also supply data for MLAT on FR24.
                            Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
                            [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

• I Hope That MLAT will be available soon in the Philippines.
                              So we can see Non-ADS-B Aircraft Like Cebu Pacific's ATR 72
                              Ice
                              F-RPLL3

Comment

• It would be great for Mlat to be more effective around here in the Channel Islands. The islands of Guernsey, Jersey and Alderney are incredibly busy with smaller commuter aircraft, ATR,Q400,F50 and countless corporate aircraft. Most do not have ADSB and as such tend to disappear off radar below 8000ft. I have a FR24 Box her in Guernsey 1km from the airport. Does anyone else know if there are any more in the other islands or the french coast to enable Mlat to work better?

Comment

Working...
                                X