• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoCalBrian View Post
    Some more FR24 MLAT info on this page.
    Looks like Trabin from the polish room doing a bit of 'moonlighting'

thanks Brian, and handy if you speak Polish
    Last edited by fungus; 2013-06-03, 03:00.
    YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Thanks to MLAT we can see what's happening with the A340-300's from Cathay Pacific that I've logged in the past here in Australia on mode-s;

CPA A340.jpg
      YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Just have Google Translate / other Translation websites it to English
        Last edited by SoCalBrian; 2013-06-03, 03:56.
        Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
        [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Comment

Great news to hear that much-awaited MLAT is in trial stage! Although at the moment there are no T-MLAT radars online so I cant see anything mlatted.
          How far apart must these 4 radars be? Must target be within the figure delineated by them?
          And, I desperately want to buy FR24 receiver. After all, when? Moscow area MLAT coverage is planned.
          Last edited by nakos; 2013-06-03, 13:13.

Comment

We are quite early in the testing. We don't know exactly, but we think that it should be possible to put 4 receivers in 4 corners of an airport, and that this should work (about 3-4km apart). We will make some tests and evaluate this.

Comment

3-4 km apart will work, but only within the boundary. Problem I experienced with Planeplotter MLAT system is, with target being 100 km away from group of receivers 5-8 km apart, errors in distance measuement can be tens of km. GPS synchronization may have solved (improved) this, but it is unknown.

Comment

Some bedtime reading here......

Unfortunately, we could not find the page you are looking for. You can use our search function to find related content on our website, or look directly for all our publications in our library.

Comment

Thank you for interesting file Mister B. There it says that Mode A/C MLAT is also possible. In my place, 40% of planes are ADSB, 20% are Mode S and the rest are pure A/C. If only FR24 receiver could mlat these, would be good.

Comment

MLAT Coverage is starting to grow, using the MLAT Filter this is what was plotting on the Map, including this nice Belgium Air Force Embraer EM135LR.

© Brendon Attard

AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Mike,

Im hoping Germany will be lighting up by the end of next week.

I thought it would have been this week end,. but things didnt turn out..
                      Last edited by delcomp; 2013-06-06, 16:27.
                      (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                      1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

Originally posted by delcomp View Post
                        Mike,

Im hoping Germany will be lighting up by the end of next week.

I thought it would have been this week end,. but things didnt turn out..
                        Eastern Germany has just started showing some plots, you might have refresh your browser to see them David.
                        AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Question. Is MLAT data available to users via the website only, or they can see MLATs locally too?
                          It is about filtering. I have nothing against filtering on the site, but if owners of receivers won't see results of their own work, i's scandalous.
                          Last edited by delcomp; 2013-06-06, 17:57.

Comment

nakos,. I would suggest you read the article from Mister B., Post #22
                            which explains Multilateration techniques
                            (A very good article)
                            And, to see an aircraft, you need more than one reciever,.
                            in fact its said,. four recievers are needed for the Multilateration.

Also, if you are an Uploader,. you can see what/which aircraft
                            you are uploading, over your Premium map.
                            (F-EDLE1)delcomp-DEL-David Tks(My friend Mike, all three of them)

URL: http://banner.flightdiary.net/EDLM
                            1090SJ(Ae) /(6m. Ecoflex10) / SBS 3 /-FR24 Box/ Power-line Connection (Ethernet)

Comment

I am doing PP MLAT for more than a year now, so I am well aware what it takes for MLAT to work. So you state that MLAT participants can see all aircraft on their accounts, regardless of filtering? That's okay with me.

Comment

Interesting with the new MLAT stuff showing up on the map. However what I have seen from time to time is that all of a sudden all MLAT acft's disappears and only reappears after reloading the FR24 web-site in the browser.

Anyone more having this problem?

Comment

Working...
                                X