No announcement yet.

New Zealand Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like the new symbols (version 3) that you can use with the latest version of Planeplotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Alcra View Post
      The antenna I bought was of very professional quality and the price was very small, however I stand by my original statement. I run two radars and its very easy to compare performance on the FR readouts and my home made dipole which is mounted one metre below the Slovakian antenna is performing better,
      If a better antenna is giving worse decoding results, the usual reason is that you have too much interfering RF noise. Try the same thing with a good cavity filter and you will get the true results.

/M
      F-ESDF1, F-ESGG1, F-ESGP1, F-ESNK1, F-ESNV2, F-ESNV3 F-ESSL4, F-ESNZ7, F-LFMN3
      T-ESNL1, T-ESNL2, T-ESGR15
      P-ESIA, P-ESIB, P-ESGF, P-ESSN, P-EFMA
      mrmac (a) fastest.cc

Comment

• Been playing around a bit and to add to Westones list of receivers in NZ I have created a map of receivers in NZ. If I haven't known a vague location I have just mapped them around the airports. Interesting to see.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nD...Gk&usp=sharing

Comment

• [QUOTE=nzfatmatt;87326]Been playing around a bit and to add to Westones list of receivers in NZ I have created a map of receivers in NZ. If I haven't known a vague location I have just mapped them around the airports. Interesting to see.

Hi nzfatmatt i have just been looking at your map great work and a great way to see where we are all located.
          Could you note that T-NZDN7 is actually located on Mount St Bathans which near Naseby And St Bathans Townships inland Central Otago I think its higher than his Remarkables Mountain receiver
          Thanks Baznz F-NZLX1

Comment

• Always one of the higher altitude flights out of NZ (barring the A380s)

sq292.JPG

Can't ever be very full
            Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
              Always one of the higher altitude flights out of NZ (barring the A380s)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8314[/ATTACH]

Can't ever be very full
              It's usually high. I would assume it's due to light fuel load for short hop across Tasman. With the light load it would be able to climb strait up to a high cruise.

Comment

• Unusually for Chch a heavy flew out this morning, vh-ebf, a Qantas A330. Turns out it has just visited NZ overnight, flying SYD AKL CHC SYD. Anyone have any guesses/info on what it was up to? tmp_29556-Screenshot_20170112-081636-1075036234.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by FlatEarth View Post
                  Unusually for Chch a heavy flew out this morning, vh-ebf, a Qantas A330. Turns out it has just visited NZ overnight, flying SYD AKL CHC SYD. Anyone have any guesses/info on what it was up to? [ATTACH=CONFIG]8315[/ATTACH]
                  The 767 freighter ERF is getting service. So we have had a330 capacity for freight only while it's out

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk
                  Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Originally posted by FlatEarth View Post
                    Unusually for Chch a heavy flew out this morning, vh-ebf, a Qantas A330. Turns out it has just visited NZ overnight, flying SYD AKL CHC SYD. Anyone have any guesses/info on what it was up to? [ATTACH=CONFIG]8315[/ATTACH]
                    The flight number suggests a charter but it is obviously the A330 acting as a freighter as mentioned by Oblivian
                    Last edited by airnrail; 2017-01-11, 21:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by airnrail View Post
                      The flight number suggests a charter but it is obviously the A330 acting as a freighter as mentioned by Oblivian
                      Its one of those anomolies. Permanent althought it seems isnt the right class of callsign.

Someones even been logging the daily changes. Dedicated. http://theqantassource.com

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Everyone likes a 747 right

Got to snap them here while we can!

IMG_0141-2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
                          Everyone likes a 747 right

Got to snap them here while we can!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8317[/ATTACH]
                          Full of cherries! Can you send a plane to Wellington. I'm sure we can lighten the load so it can take off!

Comment

• Originally posted by nzfatmatt View Post
                            Full of cherries! Can you send a plane to Wellington. I'm sure we can lighten the load so it can take off!
                            And like the last one it was a super late rotate. Heavy+++ with both wings fulled to brim too. Unfortunately just as it got past me I got tied up in the barb wire I was tangled in and couldn't straighten or change lens zoom ring in time to fit it all in :/

Comment

• I thought I was receiving hiccups.

But no, I had a hit on 10000..

zk.jpg

Comment

• At least when I chop the pics I post them at the source domain :P

Herald forgetting to attribute again

Who could blame this pilot for wanting a cup of tea and a lie down after landing in such difficult conditions at Wellington Airport this morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X