Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the free version of FR24 (6.0) installed on my galaxy Note 4 (Android 4.4.4)

I had some alerts turned on, but turned them off. Now I receive random alerts still
    Even if I stop FR24, after some time I get notifications about new alerts
    Some are squawk alerts, but when I see them later (eg in the morning) in the
    notifications and cliek them they almost always say the flight could not (no longer?) be found.

This is disconcerting. How can I make sure I get rid of all alerts?

Comment

• Originally posted by sejtam View Post
      I have the free version of FR24 (6.0) installed on my galaxy Note 4 (Android 4.4.4)

I had some alerts turned on, but turned them off. Now I receive random alerts still
      Even if I stop FR24, after some time I get notifications about new alerts
      Some are squawk alerts, but when I see them later (eg in the morning) in the
      notifications and cliek them they almost always say the flight could not (no longer?) be found.

This is disconcerting. How can I make sure I get rid of all alerts?
      I'm not sure I get this. The free version does not have alerts.
      Alerts are triggered and sent from FR24 servers, so it does not matter if you have app running or not.
      When you get an alert it means that the aircraft is flying that second, but if you click 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 day later to probability is big that aircraft is already on ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I'm not sure I get this. The free version does not have alerts.
        Alerts are triggered and sent from FR24 servers, so it does not matter if you have app running or not.
        When you get an alert it means that the aircraft is flying that second, but if you click 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 day later to probability is big that aircraft is already on ground.
        Ah, my mistake. it's the paid version (forgot that I bought this some time ago).

Anyway, the problem is still that I deselected all alerts in the settings, yet I still seem to get random alerts sent2014-12-04 09.44.38.jpg

Comment

• Android user..

I have a fair few alerts set by tail number -> destination.

Lately a few new ones I have added are not triggering alerts even though I have seen that tail number flying to that destination.

On a hunch I edited one of my alerts closer to the top of the list to the new tail number and voila! alerts now working. It would seem there is a limit on how many alerts will work.. Even though it lets you add (seemingly) unlimited alerts after a certain number new ones won't trigger..

Also been asking for a while but please give the ability to backup and restore alerts because everytime I get new phone or need to restore to factory have to manually enter them all again.. painstaking process!

Ta

Comment

• Just downloaded the NEW Christmas 6.1 update and I must say I love it especially the improved Aircraft Labels.
            I have mine set to Text Labels...Flight Number & Registration.

Keep up the great work guys...my favourite android app by far...love it...zoom icons removed but pinch to zoom seems really smooth

Merry Christmas to all
            Stan
            AMD Phenom II X4 -965 Quad Core CPU
            Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Motherboard
            4GB DDR3 Memory Windows 7 & 8 64bit
            Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F Marshmallow 6.0.1
            Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F Marshmallow 6.0.1
            Samsung TAB 2 GT-P3110 7 inch Jellybean 4.2.2
            flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Was really hoping to see a way to backup and restore custom alerts as when I need to factory the reset my phone I need to manually type them all in again and I have about 40

Comment

• V6.1
                When I go to Leeds Bradford Airport/Arrivals/Load Earlier Flights it says 'Unfortunately, Flightradar has stopped'.

This happens every time on both my Galaxy S5 4.4.2 & Galaxy S4 4.4.2

I cannot replicate this on any other airport and I've tried several. LBA/Departures/Load Earlier Flights works fine

Maybe its just a fault on the LBA Site but I thought I'd let you know in case it's a bug

Thanks
                Stan
                flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Thanks guys for quick fix to Flight boards
                  flightradar24 PAID FOR

Comment

• Got Pro loaded on my Samsung Galaxy 2 ...been running fine until update 6.1.1 .....now when I click on icon it says "application not loaded" yet it's on the phone and in App Manager..... Cannot access FR24 Pro now �� Any ideas please?

Comment

• Hi. First sorry for my English. I was installed FR24 pro in my old IPhone 5 and in AR mode I could touch the airplanes detected and the app show me all the plane info. Now I purchased the pro version to my LG G3 mobile with Android 5.0 and this feature don't work, If I touch the airplanes viewed in AR mode nothing happens, Is normal? .
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Can't access Cockpit View on Android - how do I?

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Flightradar24 is a flight tracking service that makes it possible to track and follow live air traffic from all around the world.

Flightradar24 is also available on Android phones and tablets. There is a free and a pro app available.

The free app is very simple and should only be used to check coverage.
                        The pro app contains a lot more features and is updated regularly with new features.

Here are some features that are available in the pro version:
                        - View full aircraft info, route info and picture of the aircraft.
                        - View flight trails and callsigns directly on map.
                        - Possibility to show airline logos in connection with the aircraft.
                        - Aircraft moving in real time.
                        - Search for flights (flight numbers, callsigns and registrations).
                        - Emergency squawk notifications.
                        - Filters to view flights from just one airline.
                        - Augmented Reality (AR).

Flightradar24 Pro is 6.0.1 was released 2014-10-24.
                        Download Flightradar24 Pro here: Flightradar24 Pro on Google Play.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)

I have previously downloaded Flightradar24 Pro app and have changed phone or deleted the app by mistake, do I need to buy it again?

You can download an app an unlimited number of times if you use the same Google account that you used to buy the app first time. If you have bought any in-app-purchases before, after reinstallation please select "in-app-purchase" in menu to activate your past in-app purchases.

I have problems downloading Flightradar24 Pro app, can you help me?

The app is downloaded from Google Play, not from Flightradar24, so we cannot affect the download process. If you have problems downloading the app check your Internet connection, restart the phone and try to download again. You can find more information on Google Support pages

I have problems with launching the Flightradar24 Pro app, can you help me?

Flightradar24 Pro is using the latest version of Google Maps which is included in "Google Play Services". You need to have latest version of "Google Play Services" installed in order to run Flightradar24 Pro app. Google Play Services can be download from https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...le.android.gms

I'm not receiving any more alerts, what should I do?

Please delete and disable all alerts.
                        Completely delete Flightradar24 app from your unit.
                        Restart you phone/tablet (turn off and on again)
                        Install latest version of Flightradar24 from Google Play
                        Setup alerts again.

After a recent app update, the app is crash all the time, what should I do?
                        After a recent Android update, the app is crash all the time, what should I do?
                        I have bought the in-app-purchase, and it's not working, what should I do?

Please delete the app, including all shortcuts and icons, restart your phone and install the app again. If you have bought any in-app-purchases before, after reinstallation please select "in-app-purchase" in menu to activate your past in-app purchases. If that doesn't help please contact Flightradar24 support team. Remember to include information about your phone/tablet model, Android version, app version and a comprehensive error description. You can also attach a screenshot of the problem to make troubleshooting easier.

Why do some aircraft have yellow and other orange color?

Yellow aircraft get their data from ADS-B receivers around the world, and are plotted in real time. Orange aircraft get their data from FAA and are delayed by about 5 minutes. You can read more about ADS-B and FAA on our ABOUT pages.

Why is aircraft XXX or flight YYY not visible?

Please read our HOW IT WORKS page and FAQ for information about how Flightradar24 works and what aircraft are visible.

Why is there no coverage in ZZZ?

Please read our HOW IT WORKS page and FAQ for information about how Flightradar24 works and information about coverage.

I have previously bought the app for iOS and now bought an Android phone, can I transfer my app?

Google Play market and Apple App Store are 2 completely different stores without any connection so it's not possible to transfer apps between different platforms.

Why is the Flightradar24 not working on my Android unit?

Flightradar24 is built based on "Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services". Google apps for Android, such as YouTube, Google Maps and Navigation, Gmail, and so on are Google properties that are not part of Android, and are licensed separately. That means that a unit that is not Google certified, will not have all necessary files that are needed by Flightradar24 to work ("Google Maps API" and "Google Play Services"). Even if you hack your unit and install Google Play and Google Maps, there are still files missing in the system and Flightradar24 will not work. If you want to be sure that you can run Flightradar24 on your Android unit, make sure to buy a GOOGLE CERTIFIED unit from one of the major brands on the market.

Flightradar24 app is running very slow on my Android unit, what can I do to make it faster?
                        The map tiles are reloading all the time, what can I do to make it stop reloading?

Number of aircraft is increasing all the time on Flightradar24 which means that the app needs processor power and more memory to handle the increased amount data. If you have an old phone with a slow processor or low amount of RAM memory, there are some settings you can change to make the app run faster.

* Change "Plane movement" from "realtime" to "8 seconds"
                        * Remove "FAA data"
                        * Remove "Show ground traffic"
                        * Remove "Show airports"
                        * Remove "Show aircraft info"

You can also clear/flush memory in the phone/tablet before running Flightradar24 app. This can be done in "task manager" on the phone or by a special memory cleaning app. We recommend at least 250-500 MB free memory to run Flightradar24 to avoid reloading map tiles.

If you have any other questions or suggestions or if you want to report a problem with the Flightradar24 app please post a reply to this post here on the forum or use this form to contact Flightradar24 support team by email. Remember to include information about your phone/tablet model, Android version, app version and a comprehensive error description. You can also attach a screenshot of the problem to make troubleshooting easier.

I have google maps. I have an android.
                        Is it just Flightradar24 Pro that allows Cockpit View? If not how do I?

Comment

• Opened FR24 Premium app today to discover all the callsigns replaced with the string 'UPDATE-YOUR-FR24-APP'.

FR24_UPDATE.jpeg

Temporary workaround is to change the display label to registration, but the callsign within the info pop-up is also affected.

Everything else works just fine, but apparently the devs have decided to deliberately break older versions.

So for people who can't update, that's it?
                          Last edited by mimku; 2015-01-20, 07:00.

Comment

• Latest app version supports Android 2.3.x or later. I see no reason why it should not work on a modern smart phone.

It wasn't a decision to deliberately break old versions, but old app versions use old protocols, old APIs and old data distribution method from our old servers. After running new and old servers in parallel for 1+ year it's now time to drop support for old versions. With the new version you will get up to 90% reduced data consumption and faster loading times, and we will be able to use the old servers to increase capacity for all users.

Comment

• Originally posted by mimku View Post
                              Opened FR24 Premium app today to discover all the callsigns replaced with the string 'UPDATE-YOUR-FR24-APP'.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5476[/ATTACH]

Temporary workaround is to change the display label to registration, but the callsign within the info pop-up is also affected.

Everything else works just fine, but apparently the devs have decided to deliberately break older versions.

So for people who can't update, that's it?

Good god what ancient version of Android or clapped out old smartphone are you using ?
                              FR24 Feeder Station F-CYFC1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogsinister View Post
                                Good god what ancient version of Android or clapped out old smartphone are you using ?
                                It's actually a 2013 LG G2, but doesn't have the Google Play Store.

I'm not going to risk installing some dodgy third-hand GApps.apk just to install Play Store to update FR24.

So since Flightradar AB refuses to provide a direct APK link I have no way to update the app.

PlanePlotterMobile for me instead then. Ugh, its support is even worse than FR24...

Comment

Working...
                                X