Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest way to feed FR24 / Anyone using RTL-2832u-R820t usb dongle ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one getting aircrafts that are on ground? i am trying my level best changing antennas, placing even higher, changing coaxial cables,making some home made coils and attaching, still no luck at some point i got 50 feet was the final one thats it aircraft vanishes of my radar.. any suggestions. and my house is about 50 feet and there are houses around me around of 100 ft i guess but there are some gaps for the signal to come and im just 3nmi to my airport still no luck. but im getting planes over 100nmi..i even bought this rtlsdr for that sake which is now not fulfilling please give any suggestions ? and i bought two rtlsdr so no more buying i dont have money (i can buy up to 10$ :P) so suggest me a home made preamp or filter which i can make my own.rtl.png there is some disturbance as well i donno how to remove it...
    RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

Originally posted by charan View Post
      Any one getting aircrafts that are on ground? i am trying my level best changing antennas, placing even higher, changing coaxial cables,making some home made coils and attaching, still no luck at some point i got 50 feet was the final one thats it aircraft vanishes of my radar.. any suggestions. and my house is about 50 feet and there are houses around me around of 100 ft i guess but there are some gaps for the signal to come and im just 3nmi to my airport still no luck. but im getting planes over 100nmi..i even bought this rtlsdr for that sake which is now not fulfilling please give any suggestions ? and i bought two rtlsdr so no more buying i dont have money (i can buy up to 10$ :P) so suggest me a home made preamp or filter which i can make my own.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3536[/ATTACH] there is some disturbance as well i donno how to remove it...
      ADS-B signals are between 70 and 125 watts, but that is not a high power for a microwave signal which is VERY line of sight. The antennas are also mounted on the bottom of the plane, so unless your antenna has an actual view of the runway to the bottom of the plane you probably are not going to receive them once they get below roof level.
      Last edited by HighlyCool; 2014-03-13, 14:17.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlyCool View Post
        ADS-B signals are between 70 and 125 watts, but that is not a high power for a microwave signal which is VERY line of sight. The antennas are also mounted on the bottom of the plane, so unless your antenna has an actual view of the runway to the bottom of the plane you probably are not going to receive them once they get below roof level.
        Thanks ill try in some other locations where it has view of runway
        RTL SDR : T-VEVZ1

Comment

Working...
        X