This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good day
    i already purchase FR with extras on my Ipad and Ipod. I need to bought it once again for laptop with win 8.1?

Comment

The Windows 8 version I have does not display any planes certain days and other days it does. Today, when I need it most, it's not displaying any flights/planes. I have a very fast Internet connection and can access all bing maps and flightradar sites. Very annoying. Very disappointing.
      Rob

Comment

Quick question about the Windows Phone app. Back at the end of October, a slew of updates were promised for various FR24 apps by November, including the one for Windows Phone. However, it doesn't seem like that update has been released yet as the last update I have for the app was from August. Does anyone know what is going on with this one?

Comment

Anyone else having problems with the WinPhone Premium App? The current version according to the Store is 3.0.1.0 which claims to resolve crashing in certain circumstances. If you install it, though, you get version 3.0.0.0 which crashes so often as to be unusable - specifically it crashes as soon as it is started, so you have to log in and reset your preferences every time you use it (which you do by starting it twice in quick succession). I have tried uninstall / reset phone / reinstall - no improvement.

Out of frustration I bought the paid version. That at least seem to be stable. However it rarely shows any aircraft. Sometimes re-starting it or leaving it for several minutes will do the trick. If I run the paid version and the Premium version at the same time, very often the Premium version is displaying aircraft but the paid version is not - presumably Premium customers are on a higher priority for data from the server.

Could someone check that the Premium version in the Windows Store is in fact the latest version - if it is, then the About page is wrong, if not then can we have the latest, non-crashing version please? Alternatively, could be have a Premium version based on version 2.6.1 (which is the paid-for version) because that seems stable, but with the server priority of the Premium version so we can see aircraft?

Comment

New user, is it possible to set up such that info is displayed when cursor hovers over aircraft as in the .com version

Comment

I was able to get the update fine on my Windows Phone, however I am having a few issues with it. It does not seem to remember my settings, like wanting to see FAA traffic, and all my unit changes from the default. It also does not remember the last viewing location; it always goes back to the default over Sweden. The good thing is that this seems to pick up data right away. It was always hit and miss with the old app if it actually got the data. I would like to see the addition of the airline logos on the map like on Android and Apple.

Thank you for updating the app for Windows Phone though. Windows Phone is under supported for apps in general, and I'm glad that the developers of software I use will update for this platform instead of just writing off Windows users.

It also doesn't seem like there is an update available for Windows 8.1 desktop. It will not update from the windows store.
              Last edited by Luxornv; 2015-01-06, 06:11.

Comment

I too have had the update for the WP Premium app, but it hasn't resolved any of the issues - it still has to be started twice, I have to log in every time I use it, and as Luxornv says it doesn't retain any settings between sessions - they have to be entered every time.

Unfortunately the same update has been applied to the paid-for version, and that now has all the same problems as the Premium version except that you don't have to log in! I have tried raising a ticket about these issues on a couple of occasions, but I have had no response.

Comment

Not much to add except "me too".
                  I stopped using the premium version on my phone because of the nuisance of logging in every time.
                  The Win8 desktop premium app forgets about my location, but somehow it does not ask me to login as often.
                  I am glad the apps exist, but would be even happier if these bugs get squashed.

Comment

I see a new version of the WP app has been published - v 3.0.3. Unfortunately it does not resolve any of the problems described here. The app still crashes repeatedly, and requires settings to be re-entered every time. It is disappointing that the app has been re-published with these bugs still present. Still no response from FR to the tickets I raised. The WP app used to be excellent - such a shame this has happened.

Comment

• Hello.

I'm also experiencing the same issues as other users (Windows Phone 8.1).

The app does not remember my settings, every time I start the app the settings reset to the defaults.

The app also does not remember my location (always starts over Sweden), and every time I click over an airport in order to see the timetable, it asks me to buy even when I've already bought it (if I click cancel and click on the airport again, it shows the table).

Please correct those issues ��

Regards.
                      Last edited by Microsoft; 2015-02-12, 10:06.

Comment

• New feature

Hi there,
                        I would propose a missing feature that I've seen in another app (and another OS).
                        Once the point to sky is activated, when the icon of an aircraft is touched, it should show the leading information of that flight, as it happens when the phone is in horizontal position.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Microsoft View Post
                          Hello.

I'm also experiencing the same issues as other users (Windows Phone 8.1).

The app does not remember my settings, every time I start the app the settings reset to the defaults.

The app also does not remember my location (always starts over Sweden), and every time I click over an airport in order to see the timetable, it asks me to buy even when I've already bought it (if I click cancel and click on the airport again, it shows the table).

Please correct those issues ��

Regards.
                          Hello.

When are you going to fix these bugs? They are ultra annoying.

Regards.

Comment

• WM version is at this moment only poor imitation of Android and IOS versions. Do you plan any development in the nearest future to make it more user frendly? There is still many problems with it.

I'm disappointed, it isnt even early beta stage...

Comment

• Good to see that the Windows Phone app is still being supported with an update which arrived with me today - the number of users is probably still much smaller than iOS and Android and I was concerned we had been forgotten. This update solves the problem with settings not being remembered between sessions, and on the premium version I am no longer being required to sign in every time I use it.

On my phone it still crashes on start-up quite frequently, but it then runs correctly when re-started with preferences remembered. It is now much more useable, and if the start-up problem could be resolved too then I would be a happy bunny.

Comment

• Hi, I purchased the app for my W8.1 phone. Unlike what I've read in FAQ's, and it looks like I won't be able to install it onto my 8.1 pc or 8.1 tablet without paying for it, is there an oversight or have things recently changed?
                                Last edited by McLocks; 2015-06-13, 07:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X