This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by morski View Post
    I'm assuming the lack of any sort of answer over the last few days from the FR24 team means what I was saying was about right?? Still can't understand the reason the apps have been pulled from the windows market.
    Tiz the weekend, and they don't frequent the forums as a primary support medium
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

• Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm sorry to inform you that due to very small portion of Windows App users, Flightradar24 was forced to make a difficult decision to stop providing the app through the Windows App stores. If you've previously purchased the app you may be able to download and install it still by going to the Store --> My Library --> Apps --> Show all and selecting Flightradar24.

You can also try this solution if you still cannot find it:

To see what apps and games you've previously installed on your phone, go to Store Store Tile > More More icon > My apps.

Please note that we're currently working on making our website more mobile friendly, which will help users view Flightradar24 across multiple mobile platform in the future including Windows 10 Mobile.
      Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

• Hi guys and thanks for the update regarding windows phones. I appreciate the decision to stop updating the apps for windows phones. One question I would have would it at least be possible to make the premium version of the app available so it could still be installed on the phones for those that have previously downloaded it? Even if it was just a link to your servers so that we could sideload the app onto the phone, I think windows 10 now supports this.

Just to let you know I've tried the website in the edge browser on windows 10 and it sort of works, it's very slow at the moment and I can't scroll down within the options to select ground traffic on/off ect.
        Last edited by morski; 2016-05-29, 07:43.

Comment

• Hi,
          I am very disappointed by this choice. I just uninstalled by mistake the app previously purchased on my smartphone, and now is no longer available in the store for windows phone 8.1.
          The recovery procedure you suggest does not work, the answer from my store is that the app is not available for my device.
          I am very disappointed that people who have bought the app can not get it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
            Hi All,

Unfortunately I'm sorry to inform you that due to very small portion of Windows App users, Flightradar24 was forced to make a difficult decision to stop providing the app through the Windows App stores. If you've previously purchased the app you may be able to download and install it still by going to the Store --> My Library --> Apps --> Show all and selecting Flightradar24.

You can also try this solution if you still cannot find it:

Please note that we're currently working on making our website more mobile friendly, which will help users view Flightradar24 across multiple mobile platform in the future including Windows 10 Mobile.
            Hi!
            Are you writing about only the Windows Phone App or about the Windows 8/10 App (for desk top and laptop computers) as well? If you do plan to update the FR24 Premium App for Windows 8/10 users, when will an update will be available with the same new features as the web site?

Comment

• Hi all

I have just signed me into flightradar24 forum because I want to associate myself with the many Windows Phone users who are using and have much pleasure of flightradar24.

It is totally unacceptable that flightradar24 is removed from the Windows Store.
              I am pleased to note that there are constantly more and more app's for Windows Phone - but to remove a very popular app from a Windows platform is to me incomprehensible and is a clear step backwards, and I find it hard to see any sense in it.

I have bought and paid for the full version of this app and expect, of course, that I can download it from the Windows Store when I change my Windows phone to another Windows phone - which I just did yeasterday.
              Flightradar24 is still usable on my previous Windows Phone, but not on my new. Of all the apps I use are: flightradar24 is one I use most often - so it will be a very big need if I can no longer use this.
              I can hardly imagine that Microsoft will recommend me to go over to IOS or Android !

So dear flightradar24 developers: Get flightradar24 back in the Windows Store - the sooner, the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans K View Post
                I have bought and paid for the full version of this app and expect, of course, that I can download it from the Windows Store when I change my Windows phone to another Windows phone - which I just did yeasterday.
                Don't worry, the same thing happens when Apps get removed from Apples iTunes store too. Although, if you have it locally stored in iTunes, you can reinstall it.

Does Windows have any local management like iTunes, where you could rip out the FR24 package and install it on your new phone, or a backup/restore that you could use from old phone to new phone?

Comment

• The number of Windows Phone users is smaller than from other OS. Yes.
                  But that will never change when everyone stops developing for WP. I really liked the App (and paid for it) and won´t change to Android just to get it back.

And developing a Windows Universal App is not a big deal...

So dear flightradar24 developers: Get flightradar24 back in the Windows Store - the sooner, the better.

Comment

• Question for the FR24 developers.
                    Would you consider opening up an API and we the community will develop the Windows 10 app?

Comment

• Dear Gaelan,
                      of course the the number of Windows Phone users is smaller than from other OS. In this case would you please give me back the money I've spent to purchase the App? Considering the small number of user it should be easy for you to refund. Thank you.

Comment

• Hi all,

We appreciate your feedback through these forums, however at this current point in time Flightradar24 is sticking with the decision to have the app removed from the Windows App store. Please note that this applied to both the Windows Phone App store and the PC/Tablet Windows App store.

Andy725: At this point in time we won't be providing an API for users to independently develop a Windows App. The idea itself is really good, however it would be tremendously difficult to control and manage. In particular I can think an API might be abused in terms of use and this is something we don't want to happen.

Sandy: Unfortunately Flightradar24 isn't authorized to complete refunds of the Windows App purchases. Please contact your relevant Windows App store to see if this is possible for your purchase.

Please also note from my original post, if you've previously purchase the app it'll be connected to your Windows App store account. You still may be able to download and use the app based on the instructions provided in this post.
                        Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gaelan View Post
                          Andy725: At this point in time we won't be providing an API for users to independently develop a Windows App. The idea itself is really good, however it would be tremendously difficult to control and manage. In particular I can think an API might be abused in terms of use and this is something we don't want to happen.
                          I don't see how developing an API would be difficult to control and manage, bearing in mind there are millions of APIs out there that require user and usage restrictions.
                          Bear in mind you already have user accounts, for logging into the web, so why can you not use these user accounts to manage usage limits, access etc.

I would appreciate if you would seriously consider providing, even a simple/basic API for now, that we could test/start to build a Universal Windows App.
                          I would assume you already have an API of sorts, for the current andriod and iOS apps, so it shouldn't be too difficult to open up access.

Put it this way, you will get a free windows desktop and phone app built for free by the community, so I don't see the down side of what I propose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy725 View Post
                            Put it this way, you will get a free windows desktop and phone app built for free by the community, so I don't see the down side of what I propose?
                            Windows on Phones is dead, just accept it. Android/iOS will continue to be the owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asuka View Post
                              Windows on Phones is dead, just accept it. Android/iOS will continue to be the owners.
                              Well you probably don't realize that UWP not only covers yes a small portion of Windows phone users, but it also covers over 300 million Windows 10 devices.
                              My point is, I don't see why we can't take over from where FR24 don't want to? Its win/win for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy725 View Post
                                Well you probably don't realize that UWP not only covers yes a small portion of Windows phone users, but it also covers over 300 million Windows 10 devices.
                                My point is, I don't see why we can't take over from where FR24 don't want to? Its win/win for them.
                                Because it's a legal thing, they are not open source, hence anything you do has the cause to come and bite them legally.

Don't get me wrong with W10 devices, they just didn't sell like Android/iOS.

The WP Package, while not in the store should be still around via someones backup of the phone.

I would unofficially be seeking that install file, as I doubt it will be returning to the Windows Store.

Apple users do this often when apps are pulled from the store but still work.

Comment

Working...
                                X