This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Dale View Post
    Hey anyone know if windows 8 phone users are getting any updates soon, its been a while, be nice to see us get the same updates as IOS and android users. Just curious.
    There are no big changes planned at the moment. The WP8 app is about 1,5% sales volume of the iOS app, so we can't put the same resources at this app.

Comment

Win 8 best. I hope that in the future will develop further.

Comment

Mike:

Well thanks for the info. I guess I should have gotten an I phone I guess, everything out there is based on the I phone. Hopefully some updates for windows 8 phones will appear, but it doesent sound good by what your saying. I am going to see about changing to an I phone so I can get better use out of the flightradar24 app.

Because I will be honest with you, the app at the moment is not good, it has problems and sometimes I get so frustrated with it, I don't use it for sometime.

I would help with designing the windows 8 phone app, but I cant travel all the way to your part of the world to help.

Also hows the support for the Android system in case I decide to get an android phone instead.

Again thanks for the heads up on the windows 8 phone app.

Regards Andy
        Last edited by Andrew Dale; 2013-07-26, 22:33.

Comment

I know that this is no good news for Windows Phone users, but the Windows Phone sales figures are really, really bad. Actually the Amazon / Kindle app is selling better, and we are not even linking or promoting the app. On Windows Phone we had several promotions including one this week and still sales are dropping every day. I guess Microsoft needs to do something drastic really soon, or WP will be dead before we reach 2014.

Comment

Well i am in the midst of getting rid of my windows 8 phone and getting an android phone, hate I phones too, so hopefully i can get good support with the android system.

Comment

Hi. I have fr24pro on my android phone. Do I need to also pay for the windows 8 version to run on my windows 8 tablet?

Comment

Originally posted by tallpauly100 View Post
                Hi. I have fr24pro on my android phone. Do I need to also pay for the windows 8 version to run on my windows 8 tablet?
                Yes you would need to pay separately as it on a different platform.
                AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Ok. That's fair enough. Thank you.

Comment

I have just changed my phone from android to win8. Is it possible to transform my license to the new phone ??

Comment

Originally posted by Knud Rasmussen View Post
                      I have just changed my phone from android to win8. Is it possible to transform my license to the new phone ??
                      Unfortunately they are two different platforms, so you would need to buy the App again.

AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Is there going to be any update of this app for windows 8?
                        the webversion has many more capabilities....??
                        T-EHVK11 / RPi-2

Comment

Is anyone else getting problems with the Windows 8 version running on Win 8.1 RT?

I have had the app running without major issues, but since yesterday it has started crashing after I click on an aircraft and before the aircraft's details appear.

It looks to me like the data feed formatting has been changed, and the Win 8 app can't handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by garyD View Post
                            Is anyone else getting problems with the Windows 8 version running on Win 8.1 RT?

I have had the app running without major issues, but since yesterday it has started crashing after I click on an aircraft and before the aircraft's details appear.

It looks to me like the data feed formatting has been changed, and the Win 8 app can't handle it.
                            Same issue, bought app 2 weeks ago with no issues, this week its unusable, same with the wife's surface, she bought also.

closes itself randomly. Using RT 8.1

Comment

Same issue on my Surface (Windows 8 RT), and on my Sony Viao (Windows 8 Pro).

However when clicking on an aircraft without from/to route info they display ok e.g ENZ412, HNL5A.

Comment

I have also discovered that the Windows Phone 8 app is displaying the same problem showing the origin and destination airports, although it doesn't seem to crash.

I'm hoping that all that's needed is a change to the formatting of the data-stream without needing to update the Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 apps - hopefully an administrator could comment?

The Windows 8 app does look like it could do with a bit of error handling to prevent these annoying crashes when the data is corrupted though.

Comment

Working...
                                X