Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway I can even understand that you stop developing the app. Ok market share of windows phones is small. But I don't understand why you can not keep actual version in store? For example Waze aplication is also very old. It is free. Despite of this I can still use it in windows phone 10.

Enjoy the world with one operating system...

Your abandoned customer

I made a mistake. I was realy still able to instal FR24 to my Lumia. Go to Store > My Library > show more > find FR24 > and this is important just click on the arrow on the right. This works. App works OK as usual.
    Last edited by angry.customer; 2016-06-12, 12:39.

Comment

• Hey.

How can i restore windows phone 8.1 flightradar24 app - i see it in Store > My Apps > FR24 (not availabble for your device) ???

Comment

• Another disappointed Windows (both desktop and phone) user. I only found out when I needed to reinstall the app on my Surface. Luckily, I was able to find it in My Library in the store. Getting access to the Windows Premium app was a major reason why I started to feed.

Comment

• Whether we like it or not we probably have to face that Windows Phone - despite all its qualities - not has been particularly popular with consumers.

That flightradar24 are removed from the Store might be the writing on the wall that Windows Phone will share the fate equal to Betamax - who else is so old that they can remember this video format.

I think and hope that Windows Phone has a future - anyway. We can hope that Microsoft will commit themselves to establish a new platform for Windows Phone so it will get benefit of all those apps that allready has been made for IOS and Android. Microsoft has tried this already - but so far with no succesfull outcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by angry.customer View Post
            I made a mistake. I was realy still able to instal FR24 to my Lumia. Go to Store > My Library > show more > find FR24 > and this is important just click on the arrow on the right. This works. App works OK as usual.

Thanks for the tip. Seems to be working fine.
            --
            Ttony

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans K View Post

That flightradar24 are removed from the Store might be the writing on the wall that Windows Phone will share the fate equal to Betamax - who else is so old that they can remember this video format.

I think and hope that Windows Phone has a future - anyway. We can hope that Microsoft will commit themselves to establish a new platform for Windows Phone so it will get benefit of all those apps that allready has been made for IOS and Android. Microsoft has tried this already - but so far with no succesfull outcome.
              I remember Betamax very well and it was, in my opinion, far superior to VHS. My Sony C9 Betamax recorder was much better than subsequent VHS ones I had to buy due to the demise of Betamax.

I've just joined the forum, had FR24 for a few years though, after looking for any information regarding an app for my Microsoft Lumia 950 which I've just decided to buy instead of a new android one. I'm disappointed there's now no relevant app and have been trying to convert my android app to a Windows one through procedures I found on the web. No luck, though.

Comment

• I'm also very disappointed that the app I purchased a few months ago has been removed from the Windows Store. I had to reinstall my Lumia phone due to a crash, and now it's impossible to reinstall the app, which I used daily. All tips and tricks failed: there is really no way to reinstall the app on my phone from the Store or My Library or whatever.

I wonder why the app has been removed. I can understand the support will stop because of the limited number of WP8 users, but the app was really good and why didn't FR24 maintain the last version of the app in the Store?

So, FR24, please reconsider your decision to drawback the app from the store and put the last version back. Or please provide a way to install the app off-line!

Comment

• I was using and enjoying FR24 on my Android device.

I decided to switch to Windows platform and found FR24 available for Windows platform. Hence I got a new Windows device Microsoft Lumia 640 XL but to my surprise FR24 is not available for installation. Windows store shows FR24 page but install is disabled. Hence FR24 can't be installed.

Request you all to provide a link to download and install FR24 on Windows 10 Mobile.

TIA.

Comment

• Coming a bit late to this, but as another disappointed Windows 10 Mobile user and FR24 Premium member I thought I would try using FR24 on the phone (Lumia 950XL) in Edge for a while. It's not as good as the App (which, mercifully, I still have installed) but it does work up to a point. The left-hand menu needs some work, though, and of course there is no point-at-the-sky functionality to identify an aircraft overhead. Still, it's nice to know I won't lose all access to FR24 if the Windows App stops working

Just as a final kick in the teeth, though - every so often FR24 pops up a full-screen ad inviting me to install the FR24 Android App! Guys, it isn't going to run on Win10Mobile - pretty please, could you stop doing that?

Comment

• Can I install it on 640 XL ?

Originally posted by steve-b View Post
                      Coming a bit late to this, but as another disappointed Windows 10 Mobile user and FR24 Premium member I thought I would try using FR24 on the phone (Lumia 950XL) in Edge for a while. It's not as good as the App (which, mercifully, I still have installed) but it does work up to a point. The left-hand menu needs some work, though, and of course there is no point-at-the-sky functionality to identify an aircraft overhead. Still, it's nice to know I won't lose all access to FR24 if the Windows App stops working

Just as a final kick in the teeth, though - every so often FR24 pops up a full-screen ad inviting me to install the FR24 Android App! Guys, it isn't going to run on Win10Mobile - pretty please, could you stop doing that?
                      Can this be installed on 640 XL ? What is the procedure ? Can you guide me in getting this installed on my 640XL ?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards.

Comment

• Originally posted by msranade View Post
                        Can this be installed on 640 XL ? What is the procedure ? Can you guide me in getting this installed on my 640XL ?
                        The phone would run the App, but the unfortunately it is no longer in the store so you can't download it now unless you purchased it before it was withdrawn. You can view FR in Edge, though.

Comment

• While prepping for my yearly trip to a local airshow I fire up FT24 on my Lumia 950XL last week works great. Ann update comes out this week and I test again.... Not working. I was able to go into My Library part of the Store and find where I downloaded the app and reinstall it, but when you launch splash screen comes up then it bombs out back to Start screen. So I paid extra for time tables and all the airplane icons now its all for not now. What's chance it will be fixed within the next 2 days? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, reset device all for not. Please advise.

Comment

• Nightmare , leaving for Palma in the morning where I am 100% depending on FR24 on my Lumia Windows 8 , any chance of a fix or at least a return of the App to re-install ?

Comment

• Unfortunately Windows support is discontinued.

Originally posted by steve-b View Post
                              The phone would run the App, but the unfortunately it is no longer in the store so you can't download it now unless you purchased it before it was withdrawn. You can view FR in Edge, though.
                              I had purchased FR24 for my earlier Android device. Before switching to Windows platform I checked and found the same is available. But the same is not available in Windows Store.

I tried FR on edge but its too slow.

Is there any way we can install it directly like the way we install software on Windows PC with .exe or .xap like .apk ?

Comment

• It looks as if the app is now dead: both the premium and paid-for versions now crash as soon as they are started. This is on a 950xl with Redstone - the crash might be caused by the Windows update or by a change at FR24, but either way I have to assume that it won't be fixed since the app has been withdrawn. A great shame.

One small consolation: the 3D mode works in Edge on the phone!

Comment

Working...
                                X