Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FR24 REQUEST - Adding Aeronautical Charts on FlightRadar24

FR24 REQUEST - Adding Aeronautical Charts on FlightRadar24

Maybe the next FlightRadar24 version can have this added to the United States area, and possibly for other countries if available ?

Maybe the FR24 team can look into this again.

Online VFR and IFR aeronautical charts, Digital Airport / Facility Directory (AFD)

Make your Flight Plan at SkyVector.com. SkyVector is a free online flight planner. Flight planning is easy on our large collection of Aeronautical Charts, including Sectional Charts, Approach Plates, IFR Enroute Charts, and Helicopter route charts. Weather data is always current, as are Jet Fuel Prices and avgas 100ll prices.

Published: Aug 30, 2012 - SkyVector Unveils Worldwide Charts
    When we talked to the folks at SkyVector.com at Oshkosh, they promised big improvements were coming. If you’ve never made a visit, the site supplies digital VFR sectional and IFR enroute charts of the United States that look great, are super easy to use and, best of all, are completely free. Now, SkyVector has expanded … Continued

Just like how FlightAware has the option.
    Brian

www.RadarSpotters.eu
    [ Feeder Station List ][ Map ][ Latest Feeders Rank Stats ][ ImRadarFeeder.com Radar Feeders WorldWide Map ][ VRS Feeder List ] (NEW)

Aeronautical Charts? Get Real - there's so much data there, where would the team run our tracking?

Comment

SkyVector

Is it possible for the FR24 guys to talk to the SkyVector guys, And maybe get SkyVector maps as layers on FR24

It would be legendary !

Make your Flight Plan at SkyVector.com. SkyVector is a free online flight planner. Flight planning is easy on our large collection of Aeronautical Charts, including Sectional Charts, Approach Plates, IFR Enroute Charts, and Helicopter route charts. Weather data is always current, as are Jet Fuel Prices and avgas 100ll prices.

Comment

ye, great idea

Comment

No, No, No! Makes too much clutter and slows the servers! We don't all want it!

Comment

That looks beautiful! It seems it's done by a sole developer. The problem would be the license of that information he's using. IMO, not sure where's he's getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl Georg View Post
              Is it possible for the FR24 guys to talk to the SkyVector guys, And maybe get SkyVector maps as layers on FR24

It would be legendary !

http://skyvector.com
              Karl,

That's a brilliant site and thanks for the link but it has a specific purpose probably somewhat different to FR24. I've certainly bookmarked it but I'd imagine the server would have a hernia trying to keep up with all that data on top of the map data and unfortunately I think the map would look an unadulterated mess as I've noted in a post elsewhere (see http://forum.flightradar24.com/threads/5016-rnav-routes), although I cant speak for ADMIN.

Regards,
              Gregg
              Last edited by fungus; 2013-01-28, 02:04.
              YSSY2/T-YSSY4 [SBS-1 Basestation w/- SSE-1090 SJ Mk2 Antenna (Thanks Delcomp) ] [Uniden UBCD996T w/- 16 element Wideband Discone VHF/UHF Antenna, and tuned 108MHz-137MHz Airband Antenna] [Trialing a home-brew 1090MHz collinear antenna]

Comment

Hello everybody and thanks Karl Georg for the link! I almost fell of my chair when I opened it!
                It's like having the entire Je...en charts for free. Amazing. And the ability to enter a flight plan in some clicks. Remarkable.
                If the FR24 server can't support the workload of a FR24/SV dual operation, you may try to use the window transparency possibility to view both apps in one window. I have started to look around to see the feasibility and it's absolutely possible.
                For the time being I have only found a little app from a fellow French called "Transparency 2.5", here:

Sorry i have had to remove this link as its got several Adware programs included in the installation, it took over my PC for 20 minutes, Speedbird.

I'm using W7X64 but this little -free- app was initially made for XP. It works on my install.

If anyone else knows another freeware (preferably) app, please let us know!

This app is written in French. You may click on the "Aide" button if you can read it.
                Below " Nom de la fenêtre et transparence" (Name of the window and transparency) is an empty box. Either you write the entire name of the FR24 tab window (case sensitive!) or, much easier and faster, you click on it and press the "ALT" key. The tab/window name will be shown in the T2.5 box and that's it. you can then move the slider on the right to go from 0 to 100 transparency/opacity).
                Normally you can chose "Ajouter" (add) and then save ("enregistrer sous") but I have some issue with that presently...
                To stop the app, the best way is to close the window/app ie FR24 before T2.5.

I'm using two browsers to get the whole thing working.
                One browser with the classic view in full screen and FR24 with Chrome also in full screen. You can manage to move both windows and zoom in/out to reach an acceptable result although it will never be perfect.
                In this example SV is set to "World Hi" in the northern France area. EGLL is at the top of the screen and the Paris area at the bottom. FR24-SV-T2.5.jpg

Regards
                Langelot
                Last edited by speedbird1960; 2014-01-18, 12:55.

Comment

We have made several requests to Skyvector and after an initial answer where we received some test files, they are not answering our emails any more. With the current volume of aircraft, maps are already quite slow on some computers or browsers, so adding hundreds or thousands of extra points and lines would make it even slower.

For now we can only recommend using the premium feature "radar view" where you can configure your own outlines and waypoints.

Comment

It's really too bad that an agreement can not be reached yet but may be one day...
                    Further to my previous post I have discovered, some month ago, a free software called "Ghostwin". It does the same job to obtain a scalable transparency of one window on the other. With some zoom in and out on each windows combined with a full screen, you can have quite a pleasant view of both apps. I'm using Chrome with FR24, and Opera with SV.

Comment

Working...
                    X