Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux feeder software for Flightradar24 (Old software)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peterhr View Post
    The tuning issue with no real way to test it - and the hassle of putting the mast up and down and up again is the reason that I bought the Bulgarian Collinear (see the link in my footer) .
    Agreed, for the vast majority that is the best way to go, however I am cursed with curiosity and access to people and equipment that make such things both possible and fun, having an electronics background I prefer to tinker rather than buy out-rite however it often costs me more in the long run, but it is much more satisfying.
    FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
      There is NO way an ant can cover that range, this looks more like an ornamental paperweight !!!
      At best you will probably get a gain of around -20db at 1090Mhz and that will be swamped by all the random signals that this ornament picks up!
      there is a good reason why people use TUNED antennae’s for reception, they give good gain at the required frequency and good rejection of everything else (some people also use narrow band filters to remove things like cellphone pickup).
      If you are even half serious about ADS-B reception then you need to build or buy a proper antennae.
      This isn't always true for reception only, my freq cut and designed colinear, performs no better than my 180 AU dollar (well, 22 years ago it cost that) diamond discone that I use for everything from airband reception, marine to ham radio (but I love my airband so built a side mounted dipole which also performs almost as well as my discone, I think I lost about 20 km's, but given its a metre lower, I'd expect that with trees closer

Comment

• Originally posted by sesom View Post
        I'll be in Japan for the next weeks and in the moment priority #1 is to get everything running stable on a Raspberry Pi.
        Yesterday/today my wife and kids flew to Nagoya via Singapore. I tracked them the whole way on www.flightradar24.com!

(Sorry for the hijack: I couldn't resist. Back to the thread...)

Comment

• Originally posted by F-EGLF1 View Post
          Also ensure that the tube you use is suitable, different mineral fillers used in the plastic tubes can make some useless, a colleague of mine who is researching antennae design has found reports that black plastic pipes are NOT suitable but most white or grey ones should be.
          As I understand it, grey is the natural colour of these plastics, while the metal titanium dioxide (TiO2) is added for whiteness.

Comment

• Does the LINUX Feeder have any kind of debug mode so i can see what it send for FR24?
            Is there any guide that explain what the output could tell me?

Example:

[i]sent 1 planes in 1 packets
            [i][stats]sent 266 bytes
            [i]Removed 0 of 3 AC
            [n]pinging the server
            [n]pinging the server

Comment

• Source code?

I'e been using the statically built ARM-LE feed for the last few weeks and, while it's very good, I'd really like add/change some of the features. Any chance the source code might be released? Or am I going to have to write my own feeder?

Comment

• What exactly are you missing?

There are no plans on making it open source and no 3rd party feeding apps will be approved either, sorry...

Comment

• Feed statistics for T feeders is working on the ARM platform

Originally posted by iceage View Post
                  Hi I thought that until I saw this post by PeterHR. Who uses a RPI hence my questions here. As I now think that the issue may be related to my account, I emailed support yesterday evening. I will post here how I get on.

Thanks for your support.
                  Just to confirm, stats are now working working great in 241 for me on my Odroid-U3 for a week. I worked with the hard working development guys at FR24 last Tuesday and as promised wanted to update you all. I now have a customised version of feeder 241 compiled with my libraries. They are going to look into this further for any other Odroid hosted versions of the feeder and put an updated package on here in due course. Will be worth the wait...

Cheers

Andy
                  Attached Files
                  T-EGNR12 - Visit my weather site for North Wales; http://www.thebayweather.com

Comment

• Oh, nothing in particular. I just like the idea of messing with the code I also want to change the fact that the static build on ARM-LE seems to leave a bunch of defunct bash processes due to the method used to ping the FR server. Can this be cleared up? I have to restart the feeder every now and then to clear up the memory on my raspberry pi.

Comment

• About a month late to the dump1090-helper posts, but...

The webgui I have for the dump1090-helper (yes that is my project) is still in development and needs some work.

http://adsb.mindlesstux.com/ if you wanna see my latest edits to the webgui (if I can fix my feeds to it).

The -helper project is meant to be a helper only to provide data about aircraft that is not transmitted. Eg, http://adsb.mindlesstux.com/search/icao24/AD2192.json

As for the new GUI, I am having a terrible time with the new table being a bit slow on updates. I also still have a few things that need to be brought over/up to that gui revision such as antenna coverage. The whole concept of that version of the GUI is to allow for multiple feeds, a redesigned look that is a little more flexible, and update to the table that was a bit of a kludge code.
                      T-KCLT1, Also the man behind the curtain working on the dump1090 webgui and the dump1090-helper project.

Comment

• The https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66906/fr24feed_x64_242.tgz link to the x86_64 feeder program in the first post is dead. Does anyone have a working link for a x86_64 system? (I'm running 3.6.11 x86_64 on an old fedora 16 box.)
                        Patrik J. / KB1VGP / FR24 T-PHTO1

Comment

• Originally posted by lutorm View Post
                          The https://dl.dropbox.com/u/66906/fr24feed_x64_242.tgz link to the x86_64 feeder program in the first post is dead. Does anyone have a working link for a x86_64 system? (I'm running 3.6.11 x86_64 on an old fedora 16 box.)
                          I have a copy of fr24feed_x64_241.tgz if its of any help

Comment

• 242 feeder on Pi still creates and leaves a defunct process every 10 minutes (just like 241 does)

Comment

• When trying to get a sharing key using --signup I always get this error (Arch Linux ARM on a RasPi) no matter what I enter:

Code:
                              Step 1/5 - Enter Latitude  (DD.DDDD)
                              $:46.9981
                              Value 46.9981 is incorrect, please enter correct value!
                              $:46.998
                              Value 46.998 is incorrect, please enter correct value!
                              Any ideas? I don't get it...

Comment

• Originally posted by sitepoint View Post
                                When trying to get a sharing key using --signup I always get this error (Arch Linux ARM on a RasPi) no matter what I enter:

Code:
                                $:46.9981
                                Value 46.9981 is incorrect, please enter correct value!
                                $:46.998
                                Value 46.998 is incorrect, please enter correct value!
                                Any ideas? I don't get it...
                                I cheated, I used the windows client to do the signup - just pointed it at the Pi

(but then did have to use the parameter on the linux feeder for the basestation IP)

Comment

Working...
                                X