Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cockpit View error: The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cockpit View error: The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered...

Hi

I'm unable to see aircraft view. I receive the following error message in a pop up window: "The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered for a different website. The developer of this website can generate a new key here."

I am using the latest version of Safari on a Mac. I have the Google Earth plug-in installed successfully. I've uploaded a jpg of the screen with the error present.

Any help is much appreciated since from the Facebook comments this is a feature that is well liked and I'm missing out on it.

Cheers

flightradar24.jpg

Originally posted by Gareth View Post
    Hi

I'm unable to see aircraft view. I receive the following error message in a pop up window: "The Google Maps API key used on this website was registered for a different website. The developer of this website can generate a new key here."

I am using the latest version of Safari on a Mac. I have the Google Earth plug-in installed successfully. I've uploaded a jpg of the screen with the error present.

Any help is much appreciated since from the Facebook comments this is a feature that is well liked and I'm missing out on it.

Cheers

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1486[/ATTACH]
    Have you tried this

If you have problems with "Aircraft View" or API-key, make sure to install latest version of Google Earth plugin-in...

If you have problems with "Aircraft View" or API-key, make sure to install latest version of Google Earth plugin-in http://www.google.com/earth/explore/...ts/plugin.html and remove your ad-blocker.

Comment

It doesn't work on my Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer. All of them latest versions. All of them with popup blocker disabled and all of them with google earth plugin installed. Also, my firewall/antivirus etc were disabled. I am still getting "The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. The developer of this web site can generate a new key here." What can I do ?

Comment

Originally posted by marinos View Post
        It doesn't work on my Firefox, Chrome, Internet explorer. All of them latest versions. All of them with popup blocker disabled and all of them with google earth plugin installed. Also, my firewall/antivirus etc were disabled. I am still getting "The Google Maps API key used on this web site was registered for a different web site. The developer of this web site can generate a new key here." What can I do ?
        It has nothing to do with browser, firewall, antivirus. You just need to install latest version of Google Earth or Google Earth Plugin.

Comment

I do have the plugin installed.
          when I visit the google earth plugin page, it loads the globe and displays below it "Good news, you already have the Google Earth Plug-in installed. (Version 6.0.3.2197) "

Comment

Originally posted by marinos View Post
            I do have the plugin installed.
            when I visit the google earth plugin page, it loads the globe and displays below it "Good news, you already have the Google Earth Plug-in installed. (Version 6.0.3.2197) "
            That message is not correct, you need to install latest version.

Comment

thanks I had plugin Version 6.0.3.2197. I couldn't find where to download the newest so I installed the latest version of google earth.
              now it's working :-)

Comment

Thanks for your hint. After upgrading the Google Earth plugin, aircraft view worked again.
                Aircraft view, a phenomenal feature btw!!! Thanks!

Comment

I'm using Safari on an iMac. Cockpit View works but I get 'Aircraft landed' message about 500m from the threshold (on both RWY28 and RWY16 EIDW). Also, it appears that the indicated altitude in Cockpit View is usually about 500 - 1000 feet higher than the altitude indicated in the Flight Info window.

Speedtest.net shows a 5MB download so that's unlikely to be my problem. I updated the Google Earth plug-in just now and I'm running the latest version of Safari and Mountain Lion.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Cockpit View

I cannot get Cockpit View to work.I've looked at other posts and followed suggestions but all to no avail.

All I get is a black screen. It initially says about waiting 16 seconds for coordinates but then nothing.

Help please.

Comment

cockpit view

everytime i go to cockpit view,a message comes up saying problem with google earth plug in and goes off. anybody help with this

Comment

ive tried reinstalling google earth and the plug in but still not working

Comment

Originally posted by russtufty View Post
                          ive tried reinstalling google earth and the plug in but still not working
                          Try it using Google Chrome (Don't use Internet Explorer as its not compatible with FR24.)

Also did you remove older versions of Google Earth in 'Add an remove programs' on your PC before installing the latest version.
                          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

yes i did and still no good,tried it on chrome and firefox

Comment

Originally posted by russtufty View Post
                              yes i did and still no good,tried it on chrome and firefox
                              Try downloading this: http://www.google.com/earth/index.html

I read somewhere that having it installed on your PC gets it working,
                              AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Working...
                              X