Flightradar24 v Radarvirtuel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flightradar24 v Radarvirtuel

I'm an absolute novice and really would like to know how Flightradar24 compares with Radarvirtuel, the benefits & drawbacks regarding the operation of one against the other. I tracked my sons flight by Ryanair from Liverpool UK to Murcia SanJavier yesterday with both systems operating at the same time and found that Radarvirtuel retained the flight display further into France than Flightradar24 although neither would display over the Pyrenees mountains and to pick the flight up in northern Spain had to finish the tracking with Localizatodo.

Hi Algy, just thought i would have look at Localizatodo and found it very useful. I have myself tried tracking flight's over Spain and had the same problem. Thanks for the tip. All for now.
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

speedbird1960, I see you are in Runcorn so you may be interested in shipping if you look at the options on Localizatodo one is monitering shipping from the Bay of Biscay and round int the Med. I assume you are aware of the shipping tracking site ShipAIS a great site for monitoring ship movement around the world, very handy to see whats in and around the Mersey and using the MSCanal.

also the Pan&Zoom feature this can be located at the bottom of the main ShipAIS page.
      Algy.

Comment

Evolv5, thanks for the reply you have confirmed as I thought, but decided to post in case I was missing something in the search. I presume the 'blank out' is due to the remote area over the Pyrenees, I found the same thing happens when tracking over the Pennine range to Leeds Bradford.

Comment

Hi algy, i had look at Shipais its a very good site with some nice features, i will have a look at it now and then. I think a good place in the north west for a base station would be Winter Hill, but the TV people would not allow it. All for now.
          AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

Speedbird 1960 - There would be little problem with Winter Hill as a receiver location except for money. It would cost a great deal of dosh and arrangement for the antennas, the box, the PC to link, plus the cost of power on the mast! Nice thought!

Comment

Working...
            X