Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flightradar24 app on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chas6899 View Post
    Hi Can anyone help with an issue i have, was wondering why i don't get any alerts since the last update, looking at the way "squawk" is spelled in the 1st condition as "sqawk" is that right?, could that be the problem or am i clutching at those straws
    Please try to delete all alerts, delete app, restart phone and install app + alerts again. Spelling will be fixed but it doesn't affect functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by Ener View Post
      I run FR-pro on ipad 2 . Is available an option to see all flights to an specific airport.

On the free web based FR this can be set via filter. Inbound and/or Outbound
      If you have arrival tables, you can click on an airport to get the inbound traffic.

Comment

There are a few improvements that could be made to the iPad user interface (pro). The "bar" at the top of the screen is wasting a lot of screen real estate, and the weird radar icon is distracting/ugly. I noticed you could turn the animation off, but that leaves an even weirder, huge empty icon at the top.

The different functions, including the search, could be more easily accessed through normal iPad UI elements, like buttons. It would take a fraction of the space, and would look good.

Other than the UI, the app seems to work nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Please try to delete all alerts, delete app, restart phone and install app + alerts again. Spelling will be fixed but it doesn't affect functionality.
          I tried doing that 3 times now but alerts still arnt working. Squawk suddenly got spelled correctly last install tho but alerts are still not functioning for me at least. I live near a airport that never has sees any planes apparently :b ( although they show fine on the map)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also noticed "royal Australian air force" missing from the filter list for airlines ( although it's in the list to set alerts but my alerts don't work was hoping a filter would be a work around). Possible to add ASY to filters list?

Comment

Originally posted by prawns View Post
              I tried doing that 3 times now but alerts still arnt working. Squawk suddenly got spelled correctly last install tho but alerts are still not functioning for me at least. I live near a airport that never has sees any planes apparently :b ( although they show fine on the map)

Can you post a screenshot of your alerts and settings?

Comment

Yeah no worries. Hopefully its something silly I'm doing wrong. I've tried with and without the dashes etc. and using more than one condition etc as you can see here (even tried using callsigns)
                ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348475864.008633.jpg
                ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348475924.407017.jpg

Awesome app btw love it regardless of alerts but be nice to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's my phone playing up but other apps alert ok

Comment

Here's the notification settings in iPhone (turned on)
                  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348477786.818573.jpg

And here is "flightradar24" in the iPhones settings (it doesn't say "pro" I just noticed) Just noticed a setting doesnt match the "in app" setting either (eg my "models" isn't listed under plane color category in here. And changing the colors here doesn't change them in the app itself. the settings work fine if changed from inside the app itself tho - so no issue but maybe it affects things so mentioned it)
                  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348477985.278346.jpg

Dont know if it makes a difference, but I used to have the free version to try it, and i bought the paid version later and also all the paid unlocks for it purchased from inside the app itself (they seemed to install fine - and i uninstalled the free version and rebooted before purchasing the paid version)
                  Last edited by prawns; 2012-09-24, 09:37.

Comment

AR - What exactly is it supposed to do?

Now here's a dumb question.

What is AR supposed to do. I may be calling it the wrong thing but when I press the "Radar" screen the camera activates and asks me to point it at the horizon. At this point 1 of 3 things will happen, either I get a message that (1) "There are no airplanes in your area or you are out of coverage"; (2) it says "Currently Loading" and nothing else happens or; (3) neither of these happens and it just looks like a camera shot.

I have tried pointing right at an aircraft flying over at that time and also I have tried pointing behind where it is since there is the FAA delay to deal with. I can then go back to the main screen and find the plane on the screen there. I have the visible radius set to the 100 km / 62 mile setting but it doesn't change a thing.

The compass moves and is correct for the direction I am pointing. Just nothing else happens.

Seems strange to me.

Thanks

Shaun

Comment

I dont think the AR feature was meant to be used for FAA aircraft? theres a 6minute delay?..... so I dont think this "live feature" will work very well for those FAA flights?
                      What it actually does if working - is simply label aircraft in the sky while your looking at the "camera mode" you mention - so they are easier to find

(1) sounds like theres no planes in your area? (normal sometimes)

(2) could mean a slow/bad internet connection? that was happening to me just a couple days ago due to my ISP shaping my speed to 56k (works fine now Im uncapped speedwise so maybe you have a weak wifi/cell signal or slow/speedcapped internet?) I actually turned off WIFI on the phone and used faster cellular internet as a work around until i got unshaped yesterday on my home wifi

(3) thats normal if theres no planes around? I dont have any planes in my area at the moment and this is how mine acts (I didnt get the warning you mentioned tho in (1) but have seen that same warning before in the app somewhere)

Im new to this stuff as well so perhaps wait for confirmation or corrections to what i wrote from somebody with a bit more knowledge tho hahahha

Comment

Originally posted by prawns View Post
                        I dont think the AR feature was meant to be used for FAA aircraft? theres a 6minute delay?..... so I dont think this "live feature" will work very well for those FAA flights?
                        What it actually does if working - is simply label aircraft in the sky while your looking at the "camera mode" you mention - so they are easier to find

(1) sounds like theres no planes in your area? (normal sometimes)

(2) could mean a slow/bad internet connection? that was happening to me just a couple days ago due to my ISP shaping my speed to 56k (works fine now Im uncapped speedwise so maybe you have a weak wifi/cell signal or slow/speedcapped internet?) I actually turned off WIFI on the phone and used faster cellular internet as a work around until i got unshaped yesterday on my home wifi

(3) thats normal if theres no planes around? I dont have any planes in my area at the moment and this is how mine acts (I didnt get the warning you mentioned tho in (1) but have seen that same warning before in the app somewhere)

Im new to this stuff as well so perhaps wait for confirmation or corrections to what i wrote from somebody with a bit more knowledge tho hahahha
                        Prawns:

Thanks for the info. At least now I'll know what to look for when it works.

Shaun

Comment

Originally posted by sstamnes View Post
                          Now here's a dumb question.

What is AR supposed to do. I may be calling it the wrong thing but when I press the "Radar" screen the camera activates and asks me to point it at the horizon. At this point 1 of 3 things will happen, either I get a message that (1) "There are no airplanes in your area or you are out of coverage"; (2) it says "Currently Loading" and nothing else happens or; (3) neither of these happens and it just looks like a camera shot.

I have tried pointing right at an aircraft flying over at that time and also I have tried pointing behind where it is since there is the FAA delay to deal with. I can then go back to the main screen and find the plane on the screen there. I have the visible radius set to the 100 km / 62 mile setting but it doesn't change a thing.

The compass moves and is correct for the direction I am pointing. Just nothing else happens.

Seems strange to me.

Thanks

Shaun
                          As mentioned by prawns AR view does not work with FAA. The AR view needs very accurate data to work correctly and we cannot achieve that with a 5 minutes delayed FAA feed. But who knows, maybe in the future. Apart from that US ADS-B coverage is increasing all the time and we have launched 20 new receivers the last 6 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            As mentioned by prawns AR view does not work with FAA. The AR view needs very accurate data to work correctly and we cannot achieve that with a 5 minutes delayed FAA feed. But who knows, maybe in the future. Apart from that US ADS-B coverage is increasing all the time and we have launched 20 new receivers the last 6 weeks.
                            Funny. Had I waited 24 hrs I would have answered my own question. Today I say a 747 flying over and tried pointing the camera at it and WOW! it gave me the tag and all the info right there. TOO COOL!

Shaun

Comment

My alerts just started working

Comment

I sthere hope for us yet!!..lol

Comment

Working...
                                X