Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Radar to use in Cenral USA.

@(EGMH) MD-11 @speedbird1960

which prog do you use for FDX at KMEM and UPS at Louisville. FR24 cover is poor. Tried Planefinder.net and Flightaware but not to my liking.

pingu70@EGCC
    Last edited by pingu70@EGCC; 2011-08-30, 10:53.

Originally posted by pingu70@EGCC View Post
    @(EGMH) MD-11 @speedbird1960

which prog do you use for FDX at KMEM and UPS at Louisville. FR24 cover is poor. Tried Planefinder.net and Flightaware but not to my liking.

pingu70@EGCC
    Hi Pingu.

Try this one, it might be up to the job.

This one looks quite good, its got the most flights.

Mike / Speedbird
    Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-29, 00:23. Reason: Link added
    AMS Daily Fight Information: http://schiphol.dutchplanespotters.nl/

Comment

@speedbird1960

thanks very much for a prompt reply

pingu70@EGCC

Comment

@speedbird1960. yes got a jpeg of it arriving live but nothing on the two replays I did to find it of B18711 leaving EGCC/MAN. It turned up in Luxembourg. I filtered MAN for B74 to give me all 747. All I got was CPA024 IN AND OUT and a few fly-overs of course

CAL6457 seen @ 2011-08-28 18:35 CET
        That was on Flight24.com but is 1635 UTC but doesn't say the route or where

(NOT SURE IF UCT OR BST) 16:50 CAL6457 B-18711 Boeing 747-409F (SCD)
        from www.tasmanchester.wordpress.com

This link gives MAN departures and arrivals times with plane reg as well

pingu70@EGCC
        Last edited by pingu70@EGCC; 2011-08-29, 01:04.

Comment

@speedbird1960. yes got a jpeg of it arriving live but nothing on the two replays I did to find it of B18711 leaving EGCC/MAN. It turned up in Luxembourg. I filtered MAN for B74 to give me all 747. All I got was CPA024 IN AND OUT and a few fly-overs of course

CAL6457 seen @ 2011-08-28 18:35 CET
          That was on Flight24.com but is 1635 UTC but doesn't say the route or where

pingu70@EGCC
          Hi Pingu.

I have just spent the last 30 minutes looking for it departing MAN and there is no sign of it, i did notice when it was heading this way from the Gulf it dropped off the Radar more than other aircraft, maybe its got a faulty transponder.

Off to bed now as i need some sleep.

I cross referenced TAS log with Casper flight radar and does not show on there either, faulty transponder.( jet2 and TOM flights depart either side of 16:50 BST slot. )

Mike / Speedbird
          Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-29, 01:15.

Comment

@speedbird1960

thanks for a great effort.I HAVE EDITED MY 01:27 MESSAGE

pingu70@EGCC

P.S. when you've time how do you save a replay please
            thanks
            Last edited by pingu70@EGCC; 2011-08-29, 01:19.

Comment

@speedbird1960

thanks for a great effort.I HAVE EDITED MY 01:27 MESSAGE

pingu70@EGCC

P.S. when you've time how do you save a replay please
              thanks

Do you mean the link for replay or save it to your P.C.

Mike / Speedbird

Comment

@speedbird1960 On Casper can I watch fly-overs over MAN if I choose that airport please

pingu70@EGCC

sorry found the answer in help page
                Last edited by pingu70@EGCC; 2011-08-29, 01:39.

Comment

Somehow you got it to me "moving". I just do Shift+PrtScr and then paste with PAINT asa jpeg

pingu70@EGCC

If you want to save the moving one to Paint, just pause it first.

The moving map feature or follow plane can also be used on live, you will see a black dot next the X in left hand info box. (Mike / Speedbird.)

OK but how do I save it LIVE then load it moving
                  Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-29, 08:21.

Comment

@speedbird1960 On Casper can I watch fly-overs over MAN if I choose that airport please

pingu70@EGCC
                    Yes you watch flyovers, casper is a bit different than FlightRadar24.
                    Each Airport has its own radar and if want to use playback there is a 'drop down' time and menu in the calendar.

It's quite nice radar Casper but it is limited and the live mode is delayed.

Mike / Speedbird

Comment

Limited????

pingu70@EGCC

It only covers about 10 Airports in Europe.(Mike / Speedbird)
                      Last edited by speedbird1960; 2011-08-29, 08:22.

Comment

@speedbird1960 1432 BST on Monday 29th August 2011. On FR24 LIVE when the replay is running how can I save just a few minutes of the replay I wanted to watch to watch again later. The link you sent me for CAL6457 moving got me thinking. I know how to do a still copy of the map as a jpeg.

pingu70@EGCC

Comment

@speedbird1960 1432 BST on Monday 29th August 2011. On FR24 LIVE when the replay is running how can I save just a few minutes of the replay I wanted to watch to watch again later. The link you sent me for CAL6457 moving got me thinking. I know how to do a still copy of the map as a jpeg.

pingu70@EGCC
                          Hi Pingu.

I did read somewhere on the forum that you can record it using Realplayer http://uk.real.com/realplayer/ ( Choose the free version, it works fine.)

Open tab that says WEB and you can watch the Radar in Realplayer.

I have tried getting it to record but no luck yet, it does not seem to save it in the library.

If i get working i will let you know.

Mike / Speedbird

Comment

@speedbird1960 I'm confused

How did YOU get this link to enable ME to watch it moving. Where did the date/time/flight number come from in the link. I regularly do "still" jpegs and save them but I've never done a "movie" if that's the right word.

pingu70@EGCC

2055 BST Monday 29th August 2011

@speedbird1960

SORTED IT I did a playback and used search for PIA702 of 28th August 2011. While it was playing the year/date/time/flight appeared in the address bar so I saved it as it was in the address bar as a Firefox "bookmark" and now I have a bookmark in Firefox (Favourite in IE). When I load the bookmark it plays the Playback in motion of my search for PIA702 not as a "still" jpeg. @speedbird1960 Thank You Very Very Much For Your Time, Effort and Patience from pingu70@EGCC.
                            Last edited by speedbird1960; 2012-01-01, 15:26. Reason: Dead link removed

Comment

@speedbird1960 sorry RealPlayer doesn't work on Firefox v6

pingu70@EGCC
                              Last edited by pingu70@EGCC; 2011-08-29, 20:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X