Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Message on Internet Explorer *

Dear Friends,

I am a new member to this wonderful site and enjoy it beyond measure. However when I click on a "yellow aircraft" to discover information about it, about every thirty seconds the following error message appears, which is extremely frustrating as I continually have to keep cancelling it. I wonder please whether any kind person has come across this problem and knows the solution.

Stop Running this Script

A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly. If it continues to run your computer may become unresponsive.

YES NO

Thank you for reading this.

Red Cloud

It's recommended that you DON'T use IE which doesn't handle the Java script too well.

Try Firefox, Chrome etc.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Sometimes i wonder why to spend lot of time writing lots of info about the radar, if people don't read it.

"A word about browsers
      This site relies heavily upon the use of javascript. Javascript is code that runs on the clientside (in your browser). Internet Explorer doesnt perform well with javascript, so we do not recommend using Internet Explorer.
      For best performance we recommend you to download and use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox."

Comment

Maybe add this comment to:

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
        Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Hi,
          I am running firefox, but from time to time I have the same problem.
          The problem is the zoom level. If you display whole of europe it needs some time until all the data is downloaded and processed and than my firefox thinks that there is a timeout. Perhaps its a problem with my old computer and its graphic card (and he is a bit low on memory) .
          If I am zooming in for 300 miles than everything works fine, as well if I am then zooming out, because then only the data of new planes changing their position need to be processed.
          Last edited by Charky; 2010-05-04, 07:52.
          http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=LSGG

Comment

Dear Anmer, Mike, Charky and Evolv5,

Thank you all for your kind replies, I have downloaded Firefox and will start using that Browser.

Again, thanks for your time and trouble.

Red Cloud

Comment

Red Cloud - beware, Firefox also has a tendency of freezing the radar picture. Chrome is the far superior browser for this site.
              ENFB.net
              Radarstation KGVL

Comment

LN-MOW,

Thanks for your message, if I have any problems with Firefox I will try Chrome.

Red Cloud

Comment

Working...
                X