Flight path "dented" over India/Pakistan border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight path "dented" over India/Pakistan border

Hi! Looking at flights from Bkk/Hkt/Bkv bound to northern Europe and reverse, they never fly in a straight path when crossing the border between India and Pakistan. I'm just curious to why. Is it some ground threat they want to avoid? For the same reason there are no flights over eastern Ukraine these days.
    Does anybody know the exact reason?
    Flight dent.jpg

Originally posted by Sonomats View Post
    For the same reason there are no flights over eastern Ukraine these days.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8343[/ATTACH]
    Eastern Ukraine is out of government control since 2014. As you maybe aware flight MH17 AMS - KUL was shot down there by russian missile on 17/07/2014. Since then all of the Europe-to-Asia traffic has been moved to the northern Turkey - you can see huge congestion corridor over there for now

Comment

Hi! I'm aware of that Russian crime. That made me wonder if there was any similar threat from the ground at India/Pakistan border. ISIS, Al-Qaida or taliban threat for example.
      I did some more Google research and a possible reason seems to be that the airforces (India or Pakistan) in the region simply want that particular airspace to themselves. But I don't know.

Comment

Hi
        I found this "Prohibited airspace" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibited_airspace

poul
        T-EKCH5: Raspberry Pi 4-B (Buster) + FlightAware Pro Stick Plus + FlightAware 1090MHz Bandpass Filter Dark Blue + A3-ADS-B Antenna

Comment

Originally posted by Sonomats View Post
          Hi! Looking at flights from Bkk/Hkt/Bkv bound to northern Europe and reverse, they never fly in a straight path when crossing the border between India and Pakistan. I'm just curious to why. Is it some ground threat they want to avoid? For the same reason there are no flights over eastern Ukraine these days.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8343[/ATTACH]
          Airspace disagreements between Pakistan and India.

Read it in the news recently.

Sent from my SM-G935F

Comment

Working...
          X