Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding Directly?

Sorry for the Noob question.

I have a Raspberry Pi 3 running PI24, along with a DVB-T usb stick. I am up and running and sending data to FlightRadar24 via FR24FeedOSX on a MacBook Pro.

Is FR24FeedOSX necessary to upload to FlightRadar24? Or can the Raspberry Pi do it directly? I ask, because I travel and take the MacBook Pro with me. On those occasions, I would be away from the Raspberry Pi.

TIA!

/edit after re-reading a few times...

What settings did you chose on install? The PC/MAC isn't necessary if you plonked on the pre-prepared FR24 Pi image - if you are pulling data from the Pi on a PC/MAC its likely already doing the feeding and you will currently be doubled up?!?!
    Last edited by Oblivian; 2017-01-15, 06:10.
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

If you know your PI IP (should do - the one the MAC is connecting to)

Chuck that in a browser with :8754 after it, get to the config page and grab some info from there to feedback
      Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

The alternate now I think of it.

Close the mac app down. Open your accout settings, wait 10 and see if the last contact time keeps changing

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivian View Post
          The alternate now I think of it.

Close the mac app down. Open your accout settings, wait 10 and see if the last contact time keeps changing
          Great idea!

I shut down the FR24FeedOSX program on the Mac last night and let the RPI run. This morning the stats had increased, and currently the last contact was about 2 minutes ago. Appears I don't need the Feed program running on my Mac.

Thanks for the info!

Regards

Comment

By rights, if you downloaded the pre-prepared image which includes the uploader, answered the questions correctly and it went yippeee, online. That was it.

Throw it in the corner and they work.

No need for anything on a separate PC other than a browser to access the pi remotely

Comment

Working...
            X