X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flybe BE1374 Low over London - why?

Hello.
    Saturday 3rd December 16 - around 11:11
    Yesterday in my garden, London N16/E8 boundary, I noticed a small two prop engine plane come over really low. It was clearly Flybe, I felt I could have waved to the passengers who must have been getting a scenic flight of east London. Using Flightradar I'm pretty certain it was BE1374/BEE94PH (G-PRPH), and around 1600 ft at the time. It was unsurprisingly heading for London City. I wondered why it would be this low, and why it would have followed such an individual flight path. I've previously not noticed planes this low on this path.

Looking at other flights for London City, the majority arrive from the south. Those arriving from the north followed a similar approach as BE1374 for runway 09.
    Mike

www.radarspotting.com

Radarspotting since 2005

Comment

Possibly due to the direction of the wind. Happens at Glasgow Airport a lot. Most times they come in to land from the North but occasionally take off into the wind towards the North. I prefer watching them land as i get better photos.

Comment

I didn't notice any plans before or after, and it seemed so very low. Guess its just one of those things.

Comment

Just checked the replay and it doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary to me. Came in from the East, descended to 2000 feet downwind and then turned and intercepted the ILS at 2000 feet.
          T-EGPH93 | My Live Feed | ADSB Receiver: Raspberry Pi3+, RTL-SDR v3, RTL-SDR LNA, FA Antenna | Airband Receiver: RPi3 & Diamond D777

Comment

Working...
          X