Cheap Chinese TV Dongles from Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Chinese TV Dongles from Ebay

These Dongles work very well, however after four months my $12 unit failed. I decided to open it and see if I could sort the problem out. There are two electrolytic 220 uf ,10 VDC capacitors on the board. All other items look like they would last years so I tested these caps. Both had a very high AC series resistance, ten times higher than new. The dongles prise open easily and the circuit board just drops out. If you have a solder sucker the caps come out without any problem. High quality 16 VDC 220 uf caps with the same foot print are readily available. Only problem is that they a lot taller than the originals. You have two choices here. Either run the boards naked or drill holes in the top of the dongle. I did the later. Reckon this dongle will go for years now.

Not the first one to strike it

Good day, a month ago I started having problems with receiving and sending data to a USB dongle ADB-S (R820T). Unhelpful reinstalling Windows, even the new version of the driver, or a new version fr24feed. I was really upset. Eventually, I discovered that it was caused by two defective capacitors dongle R820T. Used poor quality
    Posts not to be taken as official support representation - Just a helpful uploader who tinkers

Comment

Working...
    X