Why so many double planes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why so many double planes?

Lately I have been getting a lot of what I call double planes. It's the same plane, but one always says "no call sign". Here is an example, but without any text because I didn't know how to turn that on.
    Attached Files

Hi Matt,

The reason why you might see two aircraft closely together is due to Flightradar24 having both ADS-B data and FAA data and not being able to positively match the two flights as one. For further information about this please check out the link below:

✈ Take a closer look at Common Errors on Flightradar24, learn more about flight tracking and get the latest aviation news with Flightradar24.

This kind of issue should be temporary in nature and should be happening regularly. If the problem persists, can you please take a screen shot and post to here, with the Callsigns and flight numbers displayed so that we can compare the two aircraft and investigate further.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
    Lately I have been getting a lot of what I call double planes. It's the same plane, but one always says "no call sign". Here is an example, but without any text because I didn't know how to turn that on.
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. It's nice to know that it is normal. Here are two screen shots from tonight just in case you would like to match the flights up.
      doubles with labels.jpg
      doubles labels 1.jpg
      doubles labels 2.jpg
      more doubles labels.jpg
      Last edited by Matt; 2016-08-29, 01:27.

Comment

Working...
      X