Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How are GPD altitude calculated on FR24?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are GPD altitude calculated on FR24?

Hello,

I'm currently doing a small project, where I'm reading raw ADS-B data from a RadarCape looking for the positions messages containing GNSS heights (not barometric). These kind of messages have a special subtype (tc:20-22), where a position with barometric height is 9-19. I'm currently not receiving any messages with GNSS heights to my disappointment.

So, I was wondering how FR24 calculates GPS heights of aircrafts, or atleast what this data is based of?

Hi JKF,

Unfortunately the question you've asked would reveal publicly a little too much about the inner workings of Flightradar24. The information you're looking for should be available in ADS-B documentation externally to Flightradar24 and we wish you all the best your small project!

Originally posted by JKF View Post
    Hello,

I'm currently doing a small project, where I'm reading raw ADS-B data from a RadarCape looking for the positions messages containing GNSS heights (not barometric). These kind of messages have a special subtype (tc:20-22), where a position with barometric height is 9-19. I'm currently not receiving any messages with GNSS heights to my disappointment.

So, I was wondering how FR24 calculates GPS heights of aircrafts, or atleast what this data is based of?
    Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
    X