Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for more flexible Alerts system

Hi all,

Long time user of FlightRadar24 - first time poster!

I was wondering if FR24 would consider giving their alerts something of an overhaul?

At present, I find the criteria it requires to set up an alert too restrictive for what I want it to do.

I live about 10 miles west of a major airport and, when aircraft lands from the north, they will sometimes fly low over my house (about 8000ft) before making their final turn towards the airport.

(1) I like to get alerts when any aircraft is on approach - I can't do this with one alert, as I have to specify a type of aircraft (or, at least, type "B7" into the alerts filter for "Boeing 7**"; likewise "A3" for "Airbus A3**") so I have to setup two identical alerts just for Airbus and Boeing (if I wanted all of the aircraft then I'd have to set up over a dozen alerts to achieve it).

(2) Sometimes, when aircraft depart to the north and make a left turn, occasionally they fly over my house shortly after takeoff. I'd like to be able to set a filter (again, for any aircraft type) but an aircraft which is climbing (so FR24 differentiates between an aircraft that's just taken off, so it doesn't trigger an alert for an irrelevant aircraft that's strayed through the alert zone) or perhaps an alternative would be to enable me to set up the alert so that the aircraft's 'Origin' is specified as a particular airport?)

(3) (This one may be more ambitious...) I'd like to do the above (i.e. set up an alert for all aircraft) but within a particular radius of my current location. So, if I'm out and about and happen to be in a low flightpath for the day, the alert will automatically be relevant to my location.

(4) I've now got about two-dozen alerts setup on FR24 - so many that, sometimes, it is difficult to immediately relate to the context of an alert. It would be nice to be able to give the alerts custom warnings so, when I get a pop-up, it gives me a particular message so I can relate to the context (e.g. if I'm at home and get an alert, I could enter some custom text for my local airport [e.g. "Alert: Aircraft taking off from Heathrow about to fly over my house"] and know, immediately, whether this alert is an aircraft taking off, landing, or irrelevant to my current location, just by the message on the pop-up alert (rather than having to go into the app to check).

Many thanks,
    Alex

I would like to add please add an option to be able to backup and restore alerts for android. Can be as simple as backup to a text file or backup to cloud or use the Marshmallow integrated app backup to google drive feature. I often need to factory reset my phone and need to screenshot my alerts and manually enter them again. Such a pain!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Alexjt & icanfly77,

Thanks for taking the time to write on our Forum and to suggest future ideas for the alerts feature.

The alerts as a whole is something that's definitely on our road-map for re-design and we appreciate you providing your suggestions and ideas. I've also made sure to pass these suggestions along to my colleague who maintains a future features wishlist
      Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Thanks for responding i have been posting in here for over a year requesting a feature to backup and restore alerts but they never got replied to. Any eta on when the overhaul will happen? It would be good if at least the backup and restore feature could be added sometime soon as it's something most apps allow you to do. Ta

Comment

Hi icanfly77,

Unfortunately I'm able to let you know about an ETA as we simply haven't decided on one. I agree that a restore feature or a centralized alert feature shared across platforms is something that we should have, however we've got competing priorities that are pushing this back for the time being.

Originally posted by icanfly77 View Post
          Thanks for responding i have been posting in here for over a year requesting a feature to backup and restore alerts but they never got replied to. Any eta on when the overhaul will happen? It would be good if at least the backup and restore feature could be added sometime soon as it's something most apps allow you to do. Ta

Flightradar24.com Support

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Please visit About Us, How it Works, FAQs, Blog and Forum for more information about Flightradar24.

Comment

Working...
          X