This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kpin View Post
    Yes agree. Idiot. He hasn't noted that the 9M-MRQ track is from the following day. BUT the interesting thing is, that the flight also disappeared from FR24 at about the same location as M9-MRO (then picked up again further north). This indicates that the loss of contact could be due to FR24 iffy coverage and maybe not because the transponder stopped transmitting.
    But the flight from the 4th and the flight from the 9th are fully covered across that stretch of water - so there is coverage, maybe not redundant coverage ... but then it can be difficult to find people able and willing to feed in some locations.
    Last edited by peterhr; 2014-03-11, 12:49.

Comment

• Originally posted by chidamg View Post
      somethg serious has occured suddenly and the answer to the mystery can be found only if authorities are able to find wreckage and the main balck box which will be able to pick signals even under water for a period of 60 days(I assume it is 60 days)

Lets hope that we get answer to this mystery soon .
      30 days AT BEST (assuming it was properly serviced) and even then a non-directional signal with a range of 2 kilometers only, you need to find the crash site before you can start to look for the flight recorder.
      Also the pinger is not required to survive on impact as it is on the outside of the flight recorder, only the memory module is fully protected.
      FR24 F-EGLF1, Blitzortung station 878, OGN Aldersht2, PilotAware PWAldersht, PlanePlotter M7.

Comment

• Read a news that family member were able to establish call with missing flight MH370 passenger and was able to hear the ringtone with No response.

What do we know about what happened to the missing Malaysia Airlines plane?

The search engine that helps you find exactly what you're looking for. Find the most relevant information, video, images, and answers from all across the Web.

Is it not possible for the authorities to trace that particular number or thru GPS to track the position of the number so that they can make an extensive 100 kms radius search to find any thg fruitful

Comment

• No Sign of Search Planes ????

Can anyone tell me why I can't see any sign of Search planes on the Radar is it because they are flying to low to be seen ????

Comment

• Originally posted by grahammolyneux View Post
            Can anyone tell me why I can't see any sign of Search planes on the Radar is it because they are flying to low to be seen ????
            Many possible reasons - two favourites are
            - they may be too low ... below the horizon for the land based receivers (the signals are line of sight)
            - they may not (is quite likely since they're military) don't have ADS-B transmitters on board transmitting their position.

probably both apply

Comment

• Malaysian psychic

Even the psychics are chipping in..
              http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/219...-psychics-out/
              Back in Malaysia, a psychic, who wants to remain anonymous, predicted that 'people will be walking out from the wild into civilisation' in a day or two. He advised officials to 'search inland around Ca Mau, where he said there's a field 'just enough for a plane to land'.
              He says the plane will be found in 'the snowy mountains' of U Minh Thoung National Park in Vietnam. The park is an 80 sq km region in the southwest tip of Vietnam.

Is it even possible that they've flown that far since it's last point of contact?

Comment

• Originally posted by atomicpulze View Post
                Even the psychics are chipping in..
                http://au.news.yahoo.com/world/a/219...-psychics-out/
                Back in Malaysia, a psychic, who wants to remain anonymous, predicted that 'people will be walking out from the wild into civilisation' in a day or two. He advised officials to 'search inland around Ca Mau, where he said there's a field 'just enough for a plane to land'.
                He says the plane will be found in 'the snowy mountains' of U Minh Thoung National Park in Vietnam. The park is an 80 sq km region in the southwest tip of Vietnam.

Is it even possible that they've flown that far since it's last point of contact?
                IntrestingIf people walk out from wild into civilisation it would be glad for everyone...

Comment

• Hallo everybody, first time in this forum for me.
                  I watched to the flight path of MH 370 and i saw that the path violet colour change to white in a while; the FL drops from 35000 to zero and the heading from 20° to 40°: This confirm that everything happened in a shot; the water impact position seems quite identifiable, it is unbelievable that nothing was found floating on the water!

It is a very interesting trouble, without forgot all passengers and relevant families.

Regarding Flightradar24 I do not know the time elapsed from one shot to the following one: this will be interesting to scan in detail the very last moment.

Sorry for my poor english
                  Claudio

Comment

• 0 does not mean sea level as there is no ground coverage in this area. 0 is a data error from the receiver or signal reception.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      0 does not mean sea level as there is no ground coverage in this area. 0 is a data error from the receiver or signal reception.
                      Hi Mike,

So it mean may flight was still on sky when it shown "0"?

Comment

• Originally posted by bhavlobhuro View Post
                        Hi Mike,

So it mean may flight was still on sky when it shown "0"?
                        Yes.......

Comment

• DigitalGlobe launches crowdsource search for missing Malaysian plane

Hi guys,

check this link http://www.digitalglobeblog.com/2014...ngmalayairjet/

and if you can help in search....

I tried many times then I was able to connect, I don't know reason for it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Yes.......
                            Thank you !

Comment

• Originally posted by bhavlobhuro View Post
                              DigitalGlobe launches crowdsource search for missing Malaysian plane

Hi guys,

check this link http://www.digitalglobeblog.com/2014...ngmalayairjet/

and if you can help in search....

I tried many times then I was able to connect, I don't know reason for it
                              I tried but i am unable to connect (could not open connection to database)

Comment

• WHY ARE THE PASSENGERS' PHONES STILL RINGING? courtesy from

After three days, wouldn’t the phone batteries be dead by now?

Not necessarily. Smartphones are renowned for their poor battery life and will typically last up to around 24 hours. But the batteries of older phones can last considerably longer.

For example, the Nokia 100 boasts a standby battery life of a staggering 35 days. Smartphone batteries can also last longer if the handset isn’t being used, and especially if the phone is in Flight Mode.

However, if the phone is in Flight Mode, it switches off all wireless activity meaning calls wouldn’t be able to connect, effectively ruling out this theory. If the phone batteries are dead, wouldn’t the call go straight to voicemail?

In a word, yes. However, the process of sending the call to voicemail can differ depending on the service provider.

For example, the majority of phones will go straight to voicemail, or callers will get an out of service message if voicemail hasn’t been set up.

This will occur even if the phone is underwater, or not near a cell signal.

However, some service providers will ring once or twice before the phone goes to voicemail, or cut off. This may explain the reports that claimed phones rang before seeming to hang up. Some reports claim the phones are just ringing and ringing though. How is this possible?

Telecoms expert Alan Spencer told MailOnline that if the phones are really ringing, they can categorically not be under the sea.

He added that the phones will only be ringing if they are ‘switched on, not in water, the battery is charged, and [they are] near a mobile cell site.’

This means that if the phones are genuinely ringing, the plane needs to have landed on land – not in the sea – and be in a location where there is cell service, rather than landing in the middle of a jungle, for example. Why can’t network operators locate the phones?

A number of family members have asked the network operators why they can’t use the phone’s signal to locate the missing people.

Professor William Webb, a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, told MailOnline: ‘The phones definitely won't be working. They'll be underwater, out of coverage and by this time out of battery.

‘So there's absolutely no way they could be used for triangulation.

‘As to why they are ‘ringing’ it'll be the same as if they were out of coverage - in some cases it may ring before going to voicemail.’What about the T3212 timer I’ve read about?

The T3212 is a timer that causes a phone to periodically send a message to the network saying where it is.

But Professor Webb said this only works when the phone is turned on and it is in coverage. It won't work when the battery is dead.

What about reports that passengers are appearing online, on the QQ social network?

When people sign into social networks including QQ, as well as Facebook, they appear online.

This is the case whether they’ve signed in on a phone, tablet, PC, and laptop.

if missing passengers are shown as online, they may not be using the service on their phone. Instead they may still be logged in on another device.

If this other device shuts down or goes into standby, however, or there is a long period of inactivity, the social network will log them out, which may explain why some accounts went from online to offline over a period of three days.

Comment

Working...
                                X