This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest new features on Flightradar24.com

In this thread you can write suggestions on new features for Flightradar24.com

I am not sure why some flights display departure and destination airports but most do not. Same is true with showing an image of the plane rather than going trhough the process of clicking the reg no of plane and getting an image from the database; so much better when a small image is displayed when you select a flight.

Also, when monitoring my local area, I am interested in the planes I can see in the sky so it would be great if there was some method of reporting which flights were due to land at a particular airport and what their ETA is and then being able to select a plane and actually see where it is on it's flight path. To expand this, one could have not only the ETA but actual departure time and total flight time.

Comment

I'd like to see GMT time displayed in the window with the flight data. It'll help if you want to take a screenshot and analyze it later

Comment

iphone app would be super! I would pay good money for an iPhone app!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobit View Post
          I am not sure why some flights display departure and destination airports but most do not. Same is true with showing an image of the plane rather than going trhough the process of clicking the reg no of plane and getting an image from the database; so much better when a small image is displayed when you select a flight.

Also, when monitoring my local area, I am interested in the planes I can see in the sky so it would be great if there was some method of reporting which flights were due to land at a particular airport and what their ETA is and then being able to select a plane and actually see where it is on it's flight path. To expand this, one could have not only the ETA but actual departure time and total flight time.
          The routes are not sent out from the airplanes. We are getting the routes from a big database based on the planes callsign (SAS903 = ARN->EWR). The database today contains almost 15.000 routes and we are 3 persons adding new routes daily. I think that in march about 95% of the flights will show their routes.

The pictures are also show from our own archive, so if we don't have a picture, there is no picture on the page. In the future we are planning to allow users to upload their own pictures.

We don't have information about landning, ETA, flightpaths and departure times, so it's quite hard for us to implement such features.

Comment

So what about the GMT time feature added to the side panel?

Comment

Hi.'
              I'd like to suggest a couple of things:
              1. Charge the default map from terrain to street maps. They are clearer to read, and most airport runways are marked on them. I can change map myselv, but when the map updates automatically it returns to terrain map.

2. Possibility to mark an aircraft so that the map always stays centered on that aircraft.

3. Possibility to add range rings around a selected airport at the map.

Comment

GMT - We have to think about a good sollution, when we are expanding around the world, GMT is not so interesting for a user i Las Vegas or Sydney. I think that we will show a clock in the future be I can't say now how it will work.

Comment

Thanks for all suggestions. We have a long to-do list and right now we are working on optimizations and filters to only show some aicrafts/airlines/flightlevels. That will be our focus for the next 2-4 weeks.

1. We have tried different map options, and most users prefer the terrain map. But we are working on a solution that map type setting will be saved in a cookie if possible.

2. On our to-do list

3. On our to-do list

Comment

Hi Folks,
                    How about the possibility for projecting in Google Earth. Users can define what they want to see in the maps
                    for them selves, personally I'm not fond of the street map, too much items on the map.
                    In Google Earth it is possible to turn for North direction. Easier to locate aircraft visual. Overall a very nice site

greets jsaero (admin of acarsdserver jsaero.no-ip.info)

Comment

hi there,
                      ever thought about pooling up with similar sites (but different stations) - like radarvirtuel.com? they have quite a good coverage in Spain, France as well as to the east in Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria.
                      cheers, propfreak

Comment

Hi Mikael and all the rest!

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        The routes are not sent out from the airplanes. We are getting the routes from a big database based on the planes callsign (SAS903 = ARN->EWR). The database today contains almost 15.000 routes and we are 3 persons adding new routes daily. I think that in march about 95% of the flights will show their routes.
                        I am just wondering if with route we are talking just about departure/destination, or full route like EVRA SID LAPSA N623 NEKET UN616 XILAN STAR ESSA.
                        If the latter would be the case, a nice feature would be for the selected aircraft to see its proposed route
                        But I guess we are talking just about dep/arr here.

OK, what I am missing most, is "alarm mode" - ability to set up certain a/c registration number or callsign and get alarmed by a message box or something when that aircraft appears on any radar. Would be useful when expecting some interesting aircraft. As I am writing this, we are waiting for a Singapore Airlines Cargo 747 and 747's are rare visitors at EVRA - such a feature would help not to scan the plane list or just visually look for an a/c.

Another thing is already mentioned plane list - would be nice if it would be clickable, so you get centered on the selected plane or get some other clue where it is. Also some sort options on that list would be good.
                        F-EVRA2

Comment

I disagree with your opinion about GMT clock to be displayed on the sidebar panel. The GMT time is the most universal and common one in aviation. Users in Sydney or Las Vegas can always check their local time by checking their wristwatches or mobile phones Perhaps it's better to have any clock then no clock at all... thanks in advance for the GMT clock improvement
                          Last edited by Guest; 2010-02-26, 18:17.

Comment

Will it be possible to update the Registration and Aircraft details . Also update the routes .

Tony

Ladysmith

Comment

Originally posted by airladysmith View Post
                              Will it be possible to update the Registration and Aircraft details . Also update the routes .

Tony

Ladysmith
                              We doing it all the time but it's a lot of planes in Canada that not have been visible before and because of that, it will take a long time before all the planes and routes are registrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X